• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Should I buy a Polish Army Luvvu?

Here it comes....……………...

...we need to get to the bare bones of the problem...…………..

(I'm so sorry)

I haven't looked, just wondering what the size differences are between them ?

If we had a few more details (or clarity) a bit of trig an Pi an we could work it out!

approx sizes 1.4m high & 2.1 m width
In olive colour
avaliable in 3 sizes, The size difference from top to bottom is

1. small 165cm /65"
  2. Medium 180cm / 71"
  3. Large 195cm / 77"

Ground area, internal volume..... just need a few of the details clarifying......

Just sent this to MM (an I have an actual persons email address there!!!)

Hi Dave,

I’m hoping you can help me (and a few other of the chap’s over on https://www.militarymart.co.uk/ who have asked the same question).

The question is regarding the size of the Polish Luvvu and the difference between the variations as described below:

approx sizes 1.4m high & 2.1 m width
In olive colour
1. small 165cm /65"
2. Medium 180cm / 71"
3. Large 195cm / 77"

When it says from top to bottom, is this top to bottom of the individual poncho and subsequently the lengths of the sides?
Are all the Pole’s the same between models?
The approx width you have printed, do you know which model this is based on?

I know it’s a lot of questions but were trying to calculate the differences between models, internal area, internal height, floor area ETC.
(Will have to refresh my trig an Pi r squared knowledge!)

Any info you can pass over would be greatly appreciated.

David

Super fast reply from my mate Dave at MM :)

HI David.

please see answers below.
I hope they help.
Many Thanks

Dave

1. small 165cm /65"

2. Medium 180cm / 71"

3. Large 195cm / 77"

When it says from top to bottom, is this top to bottom of the individual poncho and subsequently the lengths of the sides? Size quoted is the length from tip to bottom by eyelets, so the side of the seam by the buttons.

Are all the Pole’s the same between models? Yes all poles are same length although some poles are in two sections and others in 3 but both end up the same size.

The approx. width you have printed, do you know which model this is based on? Im sorry im not sure which model was measured maybe we should measure again or revise my trigonometry, ha. As soon as we get over the mad rush thats on at the moment, ill get them measured.

image.jpg

Good work, not too shabby then, given the price and the amount a guy on another forum charges for mods, a man could have himself a nice lavuu for not too much money.

Good work, not too shabby then, given the price and the amount a guy on another forum charges for mods, a man could have himself a nice lavuu for not too much money.

Hook me up bro! Who and where???

Prefer to use mine without the centre pole, therefore no walls/sig, therefore cheaper and lighter, and just clip on a cheap tarp as a g/sheet.
At 6'4" its fine.......

I have made short peg out loops and a zipped doorway...…….

Ordinarily, I would agree.... but you and I have been waiting yonks and they are getting rarer all the time. The prices have more than doubled in the last couple of years. I have a second lavvu in an apparently smaller size (2 hole) and it makes no odds and I'm 6 4.
If you're modifying yours with walls etc, it'll make even less odds

Get one now... and then see if the larger ones ever do come in🤔 later...... like the lk 70s!!!!!

Heading out soon with my wee Hungarian set up, a wee bit smaller than polish lavvu but they seem tougher and in better condition... And the camo is great

Attachments

• IMG_20180929_094951.jpg
    IMG_20180929_094951.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 219
Back