• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Should I buy a Polish Army Luvvu?

do you have any information on where you bought it, please ?
Yes bought it from military mart, sure they still have them in stock. If not they appear on ebay and go for about twenty five quid

Attachments

• IMG_20180929_094959.jpg
    IMG_20180929_094959.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 279
Plenty of room in there by the looks of things......nice pictures and woofer.....thanks for sharing :)

I have a spare one for sale? (see for sale sect)
Has anyone got any experience with the Polish Army Luvvu?

I really want to get into wild camping and have seen these at military mart and I’m really considering one.

https://www.militarymart.co.uk/polish-army-dome-tent-lavvu-teepee/

My main question would be how big and how heavy are the different variants?

MM state the height differences for the 3 sizes but what does this equate to in internal volume, ground space for example?

I’m 6’2” and want to make sure I’ll comfortably fit in and have room for my pack.

Any advice or modifications to this setup will be greatly welcomed.

So David MM have some L in.....did you get one?

I have a spare one for sale? (see for sale sect)

So David MM have some L in.....did you get one?

I recieved an email yesterday from MM to they were back in stock but when I logged on it was still saying there out of stock :(

Phone him...online didn't work for me. Yes I got one :whistle:

Failing that, If you want, my spare one is on ebay for £40 inclusive of postage. It is unused.

...In immaculate condition……………….
Have you phoned him?

(I think? my spare is now sold?)

Thinking about it....as I have one and now another...…….if you cant get one from MM, you can have mine for what I paid plus postage...…coz I still have my original one which I use?

...In immaculate condition……………….
Have you phoned him?

(I think? my spare is now sold?)

Thinking about it....as I have one and now another...…….if you cant get one from MM, you can have mine for what I paid plus postage...…coz I still have my original one which I use?

Sorry buddy, ive been all over the shop this last week so only just catching up!
I'll drop you a PM tonight :)

Have just ordered from MM a French F1 pup tent in cotton canvas, at £20+......
I don't expect it to be quite as good/versatile as a Lavvu, and view it more as a cotton tarp and groundsheet all in one?

Anyway will no more when it arrives and I get to try it out?

Have now decided to modify my spare lavvu...again supplied in immaculate condition by MM, but as these things get rarer, the prices are rising fast...….

Any way, these will be simple mods., based on having used my current one with one zip...
Again, I won't be sewing in groundsheets or walls, but use an A frame instead. Again, I will attach small paracord loops for pegging out. But I intend this time to sew in two full length zips, double sided and open ended, so I can easily separate the halves. Also, these will be sewn in so I can still use the button down interleave closure with the zips, should I wish....but can't see me doing so! There will be 4 zips in the arm slots so they can be opened closed easily...currently I keep them buttoned up. Just trying to keep it as versatile/simple as possible...…..

Have just ordered from MM a French F1 pup tent in cotton canvas, at £20+......
I don't expect it to be quite as good/versatile as a Lavvu, and view it more as a cotton tarp and groundsheet all in one?

Anyway will no more when it arrives and I get to try it out?

Has since proved a very useable and cheap little tent. Packs to 1/2 weight/size of lavvu. Have Fabsil'd and is rainproof without a tarp👍

I need to fabsil mine, we've got the weather for it at the moment too.

I need to fabsil mine, we've got the weather for it at the moment too.

Minutes to do, pup tent or lavvu?...….use a garden sprayer....👍 Weather deteriorating from the west...……...

Minutes to do, pup tent or lavvu?...….use a garden sprayer....👍 Weather deteriorating from the west...……...

Lavvu, got the sprayer and a 5L tin of fabsil, just need to get my finger out. I've not 'pimped' it, I only really got it to have a more fireproof option when camping although I have mentioned it to the missus about rigging zips on it, so far 'one is not amused'.

Lavvu, got the sprayer and a 5L tin of fabsil, just need to get my finger out. I've not 'pimped' it, I only really got it to have a more fireproof option when camping although I have mentioned it to the missus about rigging zips on it, so far 'one is not amused'.

I know THAT response!!🤣🤣:sad:👎
However the lavvu is just for me...….when she comes with me (in the canoe....) we use the Fairbanks or the Good Companions or the bell tent and glamp it a bit.
If the lavvu is good and clean, try it first without Fabsil first...weather it in?

Reactions: Bam
I know THAT response!!🤣🤣:sad:👎
However the lavvu is just for me...….when she comes with me (in the canoe....) we use the Fairbanks or the Good Companions or the bell tent and glamp it a bit.
If the lavvu is good and clean, try it first without Fabsil first...weather it in?

Sorry, I didn't make it clear, there's not a hope in hell this side of the zombie apocalypse that she would deign to use the lavvu :lol: I was wanting her to put a zip (or two) in it for me to use. I did get her out for a couple nights last May in our big 4 man tent and she thought it was 1 night too long, she's an unreasonable sort though. ;)

Sorry, I didn't make it clear, there's not a hope in hell this side of the zombie apocalypse that she would deign to use the lavvu :lol: I was wanting her to put a zip (or two) in it for me to use. I did get her out for a couple nights last May in our big 4 man tent and she thought it was 1 night too long, she's an unreasonable sort though. ;)
With the way of the world, I think that apocalypse has been here for a while now!!!🤣
That apart, I got a local seamstress to sew my lavvu zips in.......make them deffo zombie proof!!!:alien7:

Back