• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Should I or Shouldn't I ??

Madriverrob

Extremely Addicted
Last week was my 10th wedding anniversary , this weekend my lovely wife and I are off to Leeds for a night in a posh hotel and a meal in a nice restaurant called Fazenda. All sounds great I hear you say " what can his dilemma be " ??

Well it appears that we are really close to the Aire and Calder Navigation , specifically Granary Wharf - Should I take my travel rod and see if I can wangle a couple of hours fishing :) :thumbsup:;):whistle:🙏

Do and be dammed ask if she wants to tottle off shopping for a couple of hours, when she asks what you will do, bam, hook line and sinker, literally.

Forget fishing, fazendas is a culinary experience to train for; it’s normally all you can eat based around steak and salad. I’d go for a light lunch to ensure full value for money.

Last week was my 10th wedding anniversary , this weekend my lovely wife and I are off to Leeds for a night in a posh hotel and a meal in a nice restaurant called Fazenda. All sounds great I hear you say " what can his dilemma be " ??

Well it appears that we are really close to the Aire and Calder Navigation , specifically Granary Wharf - Should I take my travel rod and see if I can wangle a couple of hours fishing :) :thumbsup:;):whistle:🙏
No, Granary Wharf is and always has been an oil slicked sink hole full of trash...I know it well. Invest your time in your other half....It is the wise course of action. The water courses around the Dark Arches are foetid.

No, Granary Wharf is and always has been an oil slicked sink hole full of trash...I know it well. Invest your time in your other half....It is the wise course of action. The water courses around the Dark Arches are foetid.

Thanks for that @Ystranc , I will take my tackle but plan on making the weekend an unforgettable experience for my lovely wife :thumbsup:

Update - Didn't take my fishing tackle but had a superb weekend all the same .
The meat at Fazenda was the best steak I've ever had , anytime , anywhere , would highly recommend if there is one near you :thumbsup: 😍

D0DBDA62-82C8-4F6E-AC22-1EDDC6C0C8BB.jpeg
78753145-6044-4FAC-847D-6CFDB5E898F0.jpeg
0096CD1A-46B1-4F74-89C3-8D51048AF715.jpeg
4D7D726C-76F3-4E01-93AC-77EAA573ACB8.jpeg
0DBA2F0C-8258-4BBE-9DD8-222296BB46FD.jpeg
3361D597-80DC-4B7E-BCBC-207383244951.jpeg

Haven’t been for a while but the lunch offer was a really good deal; there was a smaller variety of meats available (6 not 16!) but still had the option of steak, chicken, spicy sausages etc and the salad bar was less extensive but it was still all you eat for about three hours.

Highly recommended.

A canoe???????

Back