• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Keith

Very Addicted
Can you show us the blades that you would carry whilst trekking, camping, trapping or hunting (knives & axe).
Keith.

Enzo Nordic 12C27 Knife.jpg
Enzo Trapper 95 N690 Green Micarta Knife 1.jpg
Marttiini Skinner 1.jpg
Mora Robust 1.jpg

There you go Keith, my 4, especially for you. Enzo Nordic, Enzo Trapper, Marttiini Skinner and Mora Robust. As you can see I only use the Mora and the others lay dormant. I should probably sell them but they're still here at the moment :)

nice knives, I especially like the 1st and the last.

Funny thing is I've never used the first or second ones. I ought to sell them before the knife law changes come into force in April. I'm told the Mora is a "trainer" knife, but I really like it as your fingers can't drift onto the blade. I got a cheap (£9.95) sheath from Casstrom to replace the plastic sheath that it came from and that makes it much better to carry when out working with it :)

I've got a fair few knives - not becuase I need them now just that it was an interesting journey to find out what does actually work as opposed to what one thinks/hopes will work.

You can't go wrong with a Mora - excellent knife.

I've got a fair few knives - not becuase I need them now just that it was an interesting journey to find out what does actually work as opposed to what one thinks/hopes will work.

You can't go wrong with a Mora - excellent knife.

Yes, they are, but very under-rated. I like that they cost about a tenner, lose or break them it's no big deal. I've yet to find a job they can't cope with.

I've got quite a collection of knives, cant stop buying them:lol: but that a prepper thing I think.

I've got quite a collection of knives, cant stop buying them:lol: but that a prepper thing I think.

Ah, you see that's where we differ m8. I am looking to cut down to two. Break one I have another sort of thing ;)

Never understood that comment. Could you explain it please
I believe it was originally a military term, it essentially means one should have spares, if one loses the one we have then we are without it, having spares means we always have a backup, I suppose eventually when everything runs out we'll have to have learned to make our own, whatever it is, or go without.

A few of mine
750143DB-DF42-4B86-8A16-5FF52143E630.jpeg

B3BFEEBC-0DAF-4E1B-AFBA-DEB9433EAB7E.jpeg

76238551-62E5-4471-A9BB-E2D5D8900C21.jpeg

1C41D7E3-C317-4B27-9C68-B2E7FAE66B34.jpeg

E6F1006E-0E84-45F8-9EAE-1A45A093CB8B.jpeg

4F56B08D-C35F-4EA2-A045-120F56C53FD5.jpeg

91149625-602B-413F-A584-1754659C8171.jpeg

3D143715-5690-455E-9172-24EA1661886A.jpeg

E7384FB2-7ABA-4871-88D6-2F787D7AD619.jpeg

The two knifes in the picture before the axe are the ones I use the most. I know the axe really isn’t a knife I’m only showing it ..as of recently I have only took this with me to see if it would replace a knife....with a bit more practice it would.... not that I will replace my knife with it...it was only a fact finding mission and to force the skills of using an axe.

There you go Keith, my 4, especially for you. Enzo Nordic, Enzo Trapper, Marttiini Skinner and Mora Robust. As you can see I only use the Mora and the others lay dormant. I should probably sell them but they're still here at the moment :)

Thank you.Good images. I think I like the look of the top one best.
Keith.

A few of mine

The two knifes in the picture before the axe are the ones I use the most. I know the axe really isn’t a knife I’m only showing it ..as of recently I have only took this with me to see if it would replace a knife....with a bit more practice it would.... not that I will replace my knife with it...it was only a fact finding mission and to force the skills of using an axe.
I am glad you showed the axe, I wanted to know how many people carried an axe. I like the knives too, I can see why you use the ones you do. Good images Mark, thank you.
Keith.

Back