• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Show us your catty ......

Madriverrob

Extremely Addicted
Not sure if this is in the right place ( mods feel free to move if appropriate. Thought it might be interesting to see your catapults . Here’s a couple of mine to get us started .........

E1E3C393-1F9B-445A-BC5F-4CA0FADD6DE6.jpeg
AFDF6F43-3068-43EE-AF8E-93D1BC4A7348.jpeg

I had one when I was a kid but I've not been a big fan of them ever since I was able to use a firearm. The only time I use them is to fire a line into a tree for safety ropes.
I see that you use shot, very wise to keep things legal.

Also wise, there is a bit of confusion around the interpretation of the laws regarding hunting with catapults but using shot is essential in order to stay on the right side of the law

I left mine in Germany as here in the Netherlands, catapults like these are considered a class A weapon and their possession sentenced. Don't ask me why, I mentioned elsewhere that crossbows, for example, can be legally obtained whereas fishing stores have been investigated and put before court...

Here is an example of a case (in Dutch) - you could use Google Translate if you wish. The short summary: The fishing company "Raven" has been investigated in 2009 after a new legislation, 85 bait catties have been confiscated. After the process, the owner has been found guilty by law but did not receive any punishment or fine. The reason for that: Catapults could - back in the days - either be regarded as a weapon (if they could harm an individual), or a toy (if they were constructed in a way that their use was not predominantly aiming at hurting an individual). Now they are basically categorically banned. Actually know a fisherman who has been dragged before court for shooting bait balls.

So my point is: If you should ever visit NL, keep your slingshots at home. :lol:

Back