• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Shroom number 3

Medwayman

Quite Addicted
Sorry to keep hassling everybody but its the best way to learn I guess, have been watching plenty of vids on youtube, did not realize how important the environment that the mushrooms grow in can help with ID
P1250106.JPG
P1250107.JPG
P1250108.JPG
ing them

Very risky stuff mate :thumbsdown: I would be đź’Ż sure before eating any mushrooms gathered from the wild. Just remember when taking advice from others....even the experts get it wrong sometimes....:thumbsup:

Sorry to rain on your thread mate.....

Very risky stuff mate :thumbsdown: I would be đź’Ż sure before eating any mushrooms gathered from the wild. Just remember when taking advice from others....even the experts get it wrong sometimes....:thumbsup:

Sorry to rain on your thread mate.....
no probs would prefer honest answer, will be very very cautious

As a cautionary tale, do you remember that guy Ray Mears used to film with when he was doing anything on mushrooms...even he has got it wrong in the past and ended up tripping after a bad mushroom.
Some are very good to eat, many are not toxic but unpalletable or psychoactive and a few are so toxic as to make it not worth risking if you're unsure.
What was the habitat for this one?

As a cautionary tale, do you remember that guy Ray Mears used to film with when he was doing anything on mushrooms...even he has got it wrong in the past and ended up tripping after a bad mushroom.
Some are very good to eat, many are not toxic but unpalletable or psychoactive and a few are so toxic as to make it not worth risking if you're unsure.
What was the habitat for this one?

Remember that episode...... the man had the good sense to right what he had taken on a napkin before passing out

As I am based in France (Finistere) and in a rural location all mushrooms that I am finding are on the lawn or in the hedgerows some on roadside verges, with all types of trees around and lots of different crop plots scattered about, will put a quick vid of the garden. lots of different ones around.

Back