• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Shrooms!!!

Matt Mac

Extremely Talkative
Hi guys
Been a great season for mushroom spotting. Heres a few snaps.
IMG_20171005_103651842.jpg
IMG_20171005_101024000.jpg
IMG_20171003_102303265.jpg
IMG_20171003_102214752.jpg
IMG_20170925_150917677.jpg
IMG_20170925_150911908.jpg
IMG_20170925_150905004.jpg

Hi, Matt.

Nice pictures of the fungi mate.
There is no doubt that some of the Fungi are beautiful to look at and photograph.
Are you into the identification of them.....or is your interest purely from a photographic point of view?

Thanks for sharing the pictures.:thumbsup:

have you identified the ones that will kill you
Hi, Matt.

Nice pictures of the fungi mate.
There is no doubt that some of the Fungi are beautiful to look at and photograph.
Are you into the identification of them.....or is your interest purely from a photographic point of view?

Thanks for sharing the pictures.:thumbsup:

Im starting to identify them. My end game is to forage and eat them but need a bit more confidence in my identification skills first haha. Its a very new thing for me. But ide really like to be able to go out into the woods and not have to Carry so much food haha.

Joe ive not been looking for the bad ones but think ive found a few. Saw one with a bite out of it and a dead rabbit a meter away. So i thought ide stay clear of that one haha. But not found a death cap as of yet.

Im starting to identify them. My end game is to forage and eat them but need a bit more confidence in my identification skills first haha. Its a very new thing for me. But ide really like to be able to go out into the woods and not have to Carry so much food haha.

Joe ive not been looking for the bad ones but think ive found a few. Saw one with a bite out of it and a dead rabbit a meter away. So i thought ide stay clear of that one haha. But not found a death cap as of yet.
a lot of wild animals/insects can eat ones that you can't

Its that time of year I do get a lot in the garden, help with ID would be nice, I do research them but second opinions always good, not very knowledgeable
P1250064.JPG
P1250065.JPG
myself.

Parasol is what I thought, but did find this.

Parasol

the bit about "possible confusion" has put me off even trying one

Possible Confusion
When young this mushroom looks very similar to some of the deadly amanitas, due to the fact it emerges from a sack-like structure and can have a similar looking cap. The confusion with other lepiotas which are smaller can be ignored if the mushroom cap is over twelve centimetres in diametre, when mature nothing that looks similar is anywhere near as big apart from the Shaggy Parasol, Lepiota rhacodes, pictured. The shaggy does not grow quite as large and is slightly off-white to dusty in colour, the stem has no snakeskin effect and the flesh stains red when cut. We think it’s just as tasty but it can cause mild gastric upsets in a small number of people.

will give a miss

Earthball? It might help if you were to put something to gauge the size and perhaps pick two and cut one in half.

Back