• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Silky Big Boy 2000 XL Review

StrikeBack

Quite Talkative
Hi guys, I made a video review of the Silky Big Boy 2000 XL that I'd like to share with you guys and get your thoughts on. I personally feel in love with it. I've used several others: Bahco, Fiskars, and some other brands you can get at home improvement stores. Man this thing cuts through wood like a laser! The weight isn't too bad at all considering how well it cuts.

I've taken it backpacking and we had a ton on fun making firewood. I used the Silky and my Junglas. I'm sorry but I don't have that particular Silky/Junglas tag team footage in the video review.

JmNgOX9l.jpg

Hi, David.

Excellent video and review mate.....thanks for sharing and taking the time to review the Silky.:thumbsup:

The Silky range of saws are awesome bits of kit and return great results and service for your investment.
I am a huge fan of the range and my last purchase was the Sugowaza....lovely saw.

Prepping fire wood and building shelters is a breeze using these saws:thumbsup:

@mark wilson Thank you brother, I appreciate that :)

@1 shot willie Thanks brother! I get tongue tied when I do these videos and they take me forever to edit. I agree with ya, Silky has a great line up of tools out there. I want to buy the PocketBoy next. The Sugowaza looks like a great saw! I had a few friends who used it on a backpacking trip and one of them wound up getting one too! lol

They do have great reviews and a would probably buy one if I didn't have an axe and a Laplander.

Hi Mark, I have the Laplander too and it gets the job done for sure. I still use my Laplander, fits in my cargo pockets easily.

Back