• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Sinking Chairs

Brambling

Very Addicted
What the title suggests.:D Don't know about anyone else, but I get a bit fed up when my little camping chair decides to sink into the soil and make it even more difficullt for me to rise with any sort of dignity (and I lost one of the feet too!). I had a 💡 moment the other day and ordered some of these. Well they are for furniture:D

Attachments

• 1573037156097.jpg
    1573037156097.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
In a similar vein, I've got a plastic disk thing I found (think its off the end of a desk) that I use with my lavvu pole to stop it sinking into the ground.

Improvise, adapt and overcome an' all that.

Hope they work for you Brambling, let us know how you go.

In a similar vein, I've got a plastic disk thing I found (think its off the end of a desk) that I use with my lavvu pole to stop it sinking into the ground.

Improvise, adapt and overcome an' all that.
Jam pot lid...….. or don't use the central poles at all......or plastic ….milk bottle lids on the end of A frame poles on soft ground?

With all the rain we've been having there no longer seems to be any such thing as a firm surface, if the rain carries on you might consider inflatable pool furniture or blow up camping chairs. Comfy and you won't sink into the muck.
image.jpeg

A Coracle AND a seat!!!...…….and somewhere to wash up the dishes...AND a bath!!!
I do like multi purpose equipment 👍 👍 👍

Glad to see this thread,I recently bought one of those three legged lightweight stools......never spent so many times sinking and falling on my backside......and there was me thinking it's because of middle age spread :whistle:.......still gives the dogs an excuse to cover me in saliva as I struggle to get back up again:mad:

Glad to see this thread,I recently bought one of those three legged lightweight stools......never spent so many times sinking and falling on my backside......and there was me thinking it's because of middle age spread :whistle:.......still gives the dogs an excuse to cover me in saliva as I struggle to get back up again:mad:

My middle aged spread has knackered a few of those chairs, most seem rated to a 100kg which ain't gonna cut it for this playa, found this, not used it in anger yet.

Hokyzam Telescopic Folding Fishing Stool Seat Chair Wh02 Portable Folding Stool Leisure Slack Lightweight Stool Chair: Amazon.co.uk: Garden & Outdoors

Feedback after the gathering of the Clans next weekend. Its 50/50 whether I end up on my arse or not, at least it will give the others something to point and laugh at if I do.

My middle aged spread has knackered a few of those chairs, most seem rated to a 100kg which ain't gonna cut it for this playa, found this, not used it in anger yet.

Hokyzam Telescopic Folding Fishing Stool Seat Chair Wh02 Portable Folding Stool Leisure Slack Lightweight Stool Chair: Amazon.co.uk: Garden & Outdoors

Feedback after the gathering of the Clans next weekend. Its 50/50 whether I end up on my arse or not, at least it will give the others something to point and laugh at if I do.
As long as you don't get accidentally impaled if it breaks. Not a situation for the wearing of the kilt either....I anticipate your review with horrified fascination. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: Bam
As long as you don't get accidentally impaled if it breaks. Not a situation for the wearing of the kilt either....I anticipate your review with horrified fascination. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

The kilt wearing isn't mandatory you know. ;)
A friend of an ex girlfriend (both nurses) worked in A&E and told us some fascinating stories how people 'accidentally' impaled themselves on various objects. I really don't want to add to that list with an "honest, my camp chair broke....".

Back