• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register
Sissipuukko M95

Review Sissipuukko M95

Leif

Extremely Talkative
Leif submitted a new resource:

Sissipuukko M95 - Fiskars Ranger Knife

This morning, with rain pouring down, I sat drinking a coffee when I heard someone knocking at my door, curious as I wasn't expecting anyone. I jumped up and answered the door and there before me stood the postman with a small package.

As soon as I saw the writing and the address on the package, I knew it had come from my very good friend Mikko in Finland, an outdoorsman of great experience who I envy for his access to the Finnish wilderness.

View attachment 13348

But I digress...

Read more about this resource...

Nice little present looks a quality bit of kit, and a good friend you have there.

Sissipuukko? Is that like a puukko for sissys? :p

Looks an alright knife mate. :) How thick is the blade?

I wouldnt go calling Finnish Rangers Sissy's Billy boy - not unless you want a puukko stuck where the sun dont shine!!

Its a cracking knife and yes Gazo he's a good mate - a very unassuming fella, certainly not a know-it-all type and yet his skill level and experience is second to none. He's a trained mountain guide, a bushcrafter and a proper knife maker forging his own blades as well as - indeed I also have a blank he made me years ago but I am yet to get scales on it!!

Sorry guys, just my poor attempt at humour. :)

Leif - I have the utmost respect for any serving/ ex soldiers. Never heard of a sissipuukko before believe it or not. :)

No worries Bill thats why I pointed out in the review that SISSI in finnish means ranger or commando as oppossed to Sissy which in english means the opposite!

Well we cant all know everything mate - as the saying goes "he who says he knows everything, proves he doesnt!" - I've come across a lot of knives over the years and came across this one on a trip to Finnland in 2004 but havent seen them much in UK, I just thats mainly due to the popular brands leading the market here and Brits strange need to spend fortunes on custom hand jobs many of which IMO are a waste of money (I speak from my own experience having owned and resold Bison's, woodlores and Wrights etc) but I digress.

The M95 is very popular where it is available in Finland and especially in Russia ..........

I'm hoping to get a picture soon of the fang of this knife from a friend as its quite interesting bearing in mind the butt of the handle is solid under the grip so it can be used for pounding or blunt impact in fighting (the knife is designed to be a working and a fighting knife after all)

PS - used it again this weekend to carve the roast and if nothing else this is one mean butcher knife ................

Back