• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Sj4000 wifi 1080p video camera review (GoPro clone)

lee

Slightly Obsessed
Right chaps I pulled the trigger on one of these go pro clones, I couldn't justify the price of the go pro, I know we all know the saying buy cheep buy twice but so far this looks a stunning bit of kit for the price. I brought the extra head band for about a fiver and found an old sat nav case to keep it all in. First off you don't get a micro sd card with the camera, I went for a fast dedicated video card (Samsung) But you do get get lots of accesory mounting options, charger and remote control. I will be purchasing the hd cable or a usb micro sd card reader so I can view the pics and video on a large tv. So far the camera looks good quality however I'm not sure what level of quality you can record audio with your video when the camera is in its waterproof case, audio is fine when it's not in its case but I expect no device will record audio well if it's sealed in a waterproof case. I've got a few kit reviews waiting to get done so I will use the sj400 and do video reviews.

More info and best price of £33 here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SJ4000-WI...490692?hash=item25b18b5dc4:g:peEAAOSw5dNWnzO1

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Some close up pics, not great quality but might be of use. . . .

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi Lee.

Good pictures of the camera :thumbsup:

Be interested to see your comments on this one.
Was looking at the very same thing.
When you work things out stick up a test vid :thumbsup:

Hi Lee.

Good pictures of the camera :thumbsup:

Be interested to see your comments on this one.
Was looking at the very same thing.
When you work things out stick up a test vid :thumbsup:

Will do bill, had a play yesterday and played back on a laptop, the quality of picture is exellent, audio is also exellent and audio when the unit is in the waterproof box is around 40% of when it's not, so it's a good buy so far

Ahh right I see now Lee I know which one to avoid now :thumbsup: i was wondering are they good enough for youtube upload ??

Aww that's good to know I was thinking of starting my own YouTube channel doing a bit of bushcraft my kids been nagging me for ages to put some on YouTube

Same here lol don't forget to post them up mate, we're playing with the camera over the weekend.

Well.....I just bit the bullet and ordered:thumbsup:

I'll be in touch when I get stuck with the technicalities Lee :rofl::thumbsup:

There easy just 2 sets of menu's once you've set the time and date and set pic and video to max quality just leave all other setting to auto.

@lee

Hi Lee.

At long last the SJ4000 turned up.
I have been looking at some clips on you tube re the setting up of the camera.
Got the camera from the link you put up.
The screen icons seem to be different on mine to those shown on you tube.

NO instructions in the box either:mad:

When you get a minute.....could you stick a picture of your set up screen on here please mate :):thumbsup:

Cheers me dear

The set up screen pics are above mate, unless there is first time set up, I can't remember, if so that screen would not be available to me now.

So they are :rolleyes::rofl::rofl:

I think I may have a micky mouse version...........as my set up screens look nothing like your's:mad:
I ordered from the link you put up too??
Been waiting nearly three weeks for the ferkin thing to arrive.

Have a look at the pictures above the fake one is on the right

I put a link for the right one, the one wI think the silver screws around the lense.

Back