• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Sj4000 wifi 1080p video camera review (GoPro clone)

So have you not got the real one, that sellers feedback is good and he has sold 800. Have you got the silver screws not the black ones? And if so you might have a different software version. . . .

Well.......after a lot of waiting around for delivery of the SJ4000 cam I ended up having a bad experience on the TWO orders that I placed....using different suppliers on Ebay :rolleyes:
Both cameras were fakes :( down to me I guess for not ordering from the right people.
Had to engage Ebay help on both occasions.....but wont go into details.

I'm sure the SJ4000 is a very good camera for the money..IF...you get a good one.

We as a family spend a lot of time together and often have days out.
My Grandson is now into sea angling and I want to get him out in the woods more.
We have a video camera for holidays and other activities but its a bit of a pain to carry around.

Soooo......having the seed planted in my head I started to look around at what was available.
First one that came to mind was the Go-Pro nice bit of kit....but a bit bulky and expensive.

The Garmin looked good and had a good spec...but ugly and bulky too.

Then I came across the Tom Tom Bandit.
What a nice little tool this is...well designed and very clever too.....waterproof down to 40mtrs.
I did a LOT of you tube watching and reading up on it...still comparing it to other units.

Finally.....made up my mind and went with the Tom Tom Bandit premier.
Not a cheap purchase...but with everything in mind.....and the use we will get from it...... I think it was worth the outlay.

Looking forward to having a play when it arrives.

I will do a review of the camera when I have got to grips with using it :thumbsup:

For anyone interested in action cams.....here is a clip.

Update. . . Mine is still going fine haven't got round to getting the hdnmi cable and my memory card reader I tried to use on the tv won't take the 64mb memory card as its to large I thing I have to use a 16mb as its an old reader compared to how the memory cards have increased in capacity.

Interesting reading guys as I am considering an sj4000 also.
I will keep you posted.

I'm not sure the score with the fakes I think work but just a copy and not as good as the original sj4000

The settings are different and not so many options....no instructions.
Plenty of onfo on the genuine ones on You Tube :thumbsup:
Take no notice of me :rofl:
The SJ4000 is being used but a lot of people and works well for them....I was just unlucky with my choices of sellers.
One even claimed they had not received my return although I had proof of postage and it was signed for at the return address :rofl:...........Ebay were all over it....and I got my money back:thumbsup:

back from the other thread... :)

Despite the apparent quality of the video on these things, the audio seems pretty terrible at least while in the waterproof casing (as kind of expected) so not sure if it's worth the money if it's to be used for 'talking to camera' recordings.

How did you get on with the other one you were considering Bill?

Cheers

@GIZmO

Sorry missed this one mate.

Yes all good....taken a few family videos and the quality is spot on.
Still need to practice more with the TomTom Studio though.:rolleyes::rofl:
The sound outside the box is not too bad actually.....but it is effected badly by wind....so an external mic would be a worthwhile addition.

Very happy mate :thumbsup:

Ah yes, you went for the TomTom Bandit? Afraid my budget just won't stretch that far.
I keep going back to the SJ4000 and wondering how much I will use it in the 'talking to camera' mode or whether I'd just dub a voice-over onto the playback later anyway... Still undecided but there are no other options within my budget except going for an older DV tape recorder. Still pondering :)

Possibly find of the year. Got an 'untested' Panasonic SDR-S15. Charged via USB and it seems to work. Will buy a charger and an extra battery if it does. I'll post a test video if it works :)

IMG_20160904_132800.jpg

Hiya guys talking about go pro clones thought id show you this its a teknique full HD action cam full 1080p 12 megapixel comes with a clamp and helmet mount and its own remote infrared i put a class 10 90fps micro sd card in it it wss bought for me by my father in law ive yet to try it out but my son found out it fits his drone so ill put up the vids from it gonna utilise this for my vids so if im tying knots or using both hand you will be able to see it as i see it the cost was 39 pounds and bought locally from the factory shop they have outlets everywhere

Well gonna give this clone a try today and see what it performs like I'll post the pucs up for you to see

Will be interesting to hear comparisons of the audio quality in and out of the casing Ned. Cheers

No worries gizmo I'll give it a test I'm going walking later so gonna clip it on my chest and yak as I'm going along I'll do inside and outside the casing for ya

Don't really know why but weve not got into ours. . . . it is a good bit of kit and it works well, I guess we're not in the tech league this is for lol

Back