• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Sj4000 wifi 1080p video camera review (GoPro clone)

I had chance to go out yesterday so took this with the go pro clone attached to my walking staff the picture turned out pretty good ill be doing a video today so ill be posting up my findings with this camera
SUNP0022.JPG

Looking for the specs but can't see it :( I was wondering if it'll handle cold temps, as in Sweden -20 or lower possible ?

Looking for the specs but can't see it :( I was wondering if it'll handle cold temps, as in Sweden -20 or lower possible ?

The biggest problem will be the batteries mate....you would need to keep them insulated in a pouch or the likes.....as the cold will drain them quickly.
I would think the unit itself within the waterproof body would be fine:thumbsup:

Cheers for that, all my kit battery wise will have some form of insulation :)

Very clear pic, you can't moan really for the money!

Looks like that's the non-HD version of this camera. Also, they've not demonstrated the sound quality in the video on the website.

The HD version is about £85

I think I've found a solution to the audio quality problem on the SJ4000.
There is a cable which you can now get which allows you to connect an external mic to the USB port of the camera however this apparently does not work.
Many people however have modified the SJcam by removing the internal mic and replacing it with a 1/8" jack socket into which you can plug an external mic. It seems very fiddly (YT LINK HERE) but I'm sure I can manage it so I plan to go ahead and buy an SJcam and I will let you know how I get on.

Hi Paul.

Nice mod mate...impressed with that :thumbsup: certainly improves the sound and still fitting the waterproof case is a bonus.
Look forward to seeing you complete the MOD....good luck with it:thumbsup:

Good post and video.

Do they mod the case as well to take the mic or jack

Im going to take mine out when I'm next out and do some vids, I did notice the recorded sound is very quite when it records in the case, I guess we all know the score really, buy cheap buy twice!

Yes Lee, the external case requires to be drilled to accept the mic cable. This obviously means that it is no longer waterproof but I suppose you could get a spare waterproof case if you needed to do underwater recording (without audio)

A decent review of the SJ4000 here
and how to spot a fake here

Now ordered one with 1 day delivery. The seller is in China so we'll see how that works out! LOL

Back