• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Sleeping Bag Liners.

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
Does anyone use a sleeping bag liner?

There are a few types and options out there and each has its merits.
keeping your bag protected from sand/grit body oils and moisture/odor.
Cut down on the washing/cleaning of the bag too.......every wash will affect the loft of the bag.

What have you got.......or is it something you may want to buy?

Would you not bother.....and why?

They will come in handy for Summer use on their own as well.....on those hot sticky Summer nights:thumbsup:
Have you checked the sizes of the liners guys?

In my opinion it is better to wear clothing in the sleeping bag.
The system is lighter. And you have more options.
In and out is more comfortable in cold conditions.

The only liner I use is the Snugpack Special Forces 2 in the Snugpack Special Forces 1.
;)

Yes, I always use a liner, irrespective of what I wear in the bag. For all the reasons given.

The Arctic bag has a military cotton bag liner, the Czech bag has its own, and a homemade one for other bags :thumbsup:

I prefer to wear the minimal amount of clothing in the bag so I have something warm to put on when I get out of it; I also feel less constricted and this sleep better.

I’ve used liners before, they can add up to a season to its rating and as others have said make it easier to keep clean.

I’ve Got the issue cotton liner and in the past had a fibre pile one which was excellent, I’ve also got a perfect one which is comfy but for some reason keep forgetting to take it with me!

At the other end of the scale...does anyone know anything about the Dutch M90 cotton liner offered by MM for a fiver? I thought it may be easier to use than the standard one for a British Arctic 90 bag, short zip?

At the other end of the scale...does anyone know anything about the Dutch M90 cotton liner offered by MM for a fiver? I thought it may be easier to use than the standard one for a British Arctic 90 bag, short zip?

just arrived, and a good cotton liner, excellent for the price.............BUT........only really suitable for the Dutch bag as it poppers into place, including the zip opening of the bag...the liner cannot close on itself without some modifying. Not really suitable therefore for the Arctic 90.......but maybe an excuse for a Dutch M90 bag? Not cheap though...........

just arrived, and a good cotton liner, excellent for the price.............BUT........only really suitable for the Dutch bag as it poppers into place, including the zip opening of the bag...the liner cannot close on itself without some modifying. Not really suitable therefore for the Arctic 90.......but maybe an excuse for a Dutch M90 bag? Not cheap though...........

That is the sleeping bag is not cheap! The liner is only a fiver....

Last time I used a liner was when I was in the YHA...don't see the point now of using them.

If you drive it around in a car or boat it might be ok.
But never I would carry it in a ruck sack!

Back