• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Sleeping bag OR Clothing

You misunderstood me, Harry!

My opinion is, that such a cheap sleeping bag is a good idea, if you do not pack for a very long journey.

For most people a sleeping bag that lasts 200 nights is totally fine, if it costs less than 20£.

I recommend to beginners to save money at sleeping bag and clothing and to invest the saved money in boots, rucksack and lightweight kitchen and other lightweight equipment, they will carry in the rucksack.

To buy this sleeping bag to test it probably is a good idea, but I just have two new Aldi sleeping bags I want to try out.

Such bulky stuff I don't use if I am traveling around, I can test it only if I go by car and that's usually only three month a year, so I can't test all and everything.

DO NOT BUY THE ANDES NAVADO 400‼‼
I have one and I wouldn't even reccomend it as a summer sleeping bag, they're total rubbish.
If you value your sleep (and yout toes) you'll look somewhere else for a budget sleeping bag...the only things that it has going for it is that it's long enough and it's a nice shade of green.

Last edited:
The only way that you could describe it as four season is if you were camping somewhere around the Med.

I suppose you could always get some use out of it if your other half makes you sleep on the sofa. I've just got mine out to take another regretful look at it...I can see light through it! The stuff sack is splitting and for some reason the actual bag and stuff sack make no mention of the words temp range down to -15 extreme or 4 season.
If it's off eBay I'd suggest claiming it's not as described.

Reactions: Bam
Well that's the Nevado arrived, I'm sat in it now having a play. Its on the bulky side but I daresay it would shrink in a compression sack. I'm away up the Cairngorms with Smurf and another mate this weekend so taking a 'known quantity' with me but looking forward to taking it out, its good and roomy inside anyway. Happy enough for what I've paid for it, cheers for the recommend Harry.

Caingorms? Save the 'cheers' for when you get back and the bag as worked, I'll feel a right knob if your found stiff as a board in it up some mountain ;)

No I'm taking another bag with me, too early to trust the Nevado and its quite bulky. I'll try it out hopefully the following weekend.

Back