• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Sleeping bag rucksack

Or did you mean Kuban Cossacks?

That's also light.
That's light cavalry.

But they come from the Kuban area and aren't made from or equipped with Cuben.

Must admit that was something I had thought of when I was looking at the negative points of my original idea.
I love the idea though of multifunction items...………….and a bag, any bag, would seem to lend itself to the concept?

That's a bit like me , and I think the idea of a rucksack sitting there doing nothing while I'm sleeping and a sleeping bag doing the same when I'm on the move is probably what made my mind wonder...

• Haha
Reactions: lol
OK.
Most professional hikers now a days use a ruck sack liner. A large dry bag inside the ruck sack.

But that is another point:
Its incredible difficult to make a breathing water tight bag, witch is strong enough for the load.
I think that's nothing for do it yourself.

I dont want to say it doesn't work, it would be impossible or totally idiotic.

If you fold the sleeping bag somehow, attach it to the jacket as upper part, get it water tight, and so on, that could be an interesting option.

But that is something for high professional brands like Arcterix. And has to be financed by the US Military in my opinion.

Perhaps you should make some drawings and try to sell it to the British army.
If they don't want it, try to offer it the Americans.

Or try to sell it Decathlon. They are big enough to produce it.

Back