• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Sleeping bag

Medwayman

Quite Addicted
A good week on the footie gives me a budget of £100, suggestions please

2nd hand Carinthia Defence 4
British Army Arctic 90
Dutch Army M90
British or American Modular...

(all synthetic, all fairly bulky and heavy. All strong and warm!)

Sorry, should have added
1/ £65 ebay
2/ approx. £40
3/ approx. £70
4/ approx. £70-£80

All down to personal choice..... But I can say I enjoyed some warm and non restricted nights in the Defence 4.
It is well made and the zip is quality.
The design of the bag may not suit everyone because of the snorkel type hood.......personaly not a problem for me.
Only reason I sold mine was needing more protection due to the meds I am on.

In all though it's a good bag and worth considering if you think the snorkel design would suit you.

Snugpak expansion 5 is my current and best ever sleeping bag, especially if you want more room to move 👍..... And they can be found for under £100......snugpak Jungle bag with mossy net is a great summer bag😎

All down to personal choice..... But I can say I enjoyed some warm and non restricted nights in the Defence 4.
It is well made and the zip is quality.
The design of the bag may not suit everyone because of the snorkel type hood.......personaly not a problem for me.
Only reason I sold mine was needing more protection due to the meds I am on.

In all though it's a good bag and worth considering if you think the snorkel design would suit you.

would agree with that 100% :)..

for me i just cant get on with the snorkel :rolleyes: that said i am going to try and "get on with the bag " as it is a very well made warm bag

Back