• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

sleeping bags

Matt

Site Owner
Staff member
this is the one bit off kit you cant skimp on guys .....make sure you buy a sleeping bag for outdoor use

your sleeping bag should fit you well, before you buy it, get into it and make sure its long/wide enough , that you can move around freely. and that there is enough room for you to store your clothes and boots if you are going to be in cold conditions as they may freeze if left out side

my advise is to buy the highest season/thickest sleeping bag you can find as if its to hot you can always undo the zip...but if buy a cheep one and your cold theres nothing you can do but freeze

sleeping mats

a sleeping mat is a vital item.....while its is posible to improvise beds efficiently from natural materials its easyer to use a closed cell foam matteres or a thermarest mat (fishing walkies swares by his)
trying to sleep outdoorss with out a ground insulation mat is shear misery

dont say you wernt warned guys​

I have the same sleeping bag as matt and must say they are a very good sleeping bag,(czech army)...
but after the next bushcraft event im going to start sleeping out doors in on all the events in my sleeping bag,hammock and basha, but when i got the cash im going back to my roots and start useing carp fishing bags ,, i will start saving the pennys as im looking at a (nash frostbite sub 20 wide boy,,,ai angling intelligence system bag,, or this one i used to have befor my shed got robed nash indulgence alss3 bedchair-sleeping bag system no hammock needed .... i would say the next best thing to these bags are : hr dc's, roman's and black wolfs but ther all tight snugs and thats not my road like to move whem im asleep;)... check the bags out guys not going to post the price as dont want to give you guys a dodgy ticker:eek:

i have an ajungilak-tyin i got about 15 years ago . i think its a 4/5 seasons one . great in winter and gret in the summer for lying on TOP of it as its way to warm lol. Mammut Ajungilak Tyin 5 Season. Sleeping bags Synthetics, Trekkinn.com, buy, offers, outdoor & trekking

i still have my 58 pattern feather bag too . we used them every week for years out rough camping . with its pvc base it was great if the ground was damp.

i have a clone of the therma rest mats . foam inside a waterproof base , a valve on the end and when you open it ,it fills up and you then close it again . its great . it even has a a blow up pillow but i hardly used it blown up

Thats the way Kwaka!!!!!!................not like these puffy ones that sleep on a bed or inflatable matress etc.....rough it, its better for ya!

Thats the way Kwaka!!!!!!................not like these puffy ones that sleep on a bed or inflatable matress etc.....rough it, its better for ya!
i suggest every one tries a 58 pattern maggot feather bag , hell i may even offer to do a pass around of my one lol. i pass it to some one they try it then pass it to the next guy to try . they are awesome bags , you can even put a ground peg in each corner and that is handy if like me you are one of these people that toss ( no not that tossing you mucky buggers lol) and turn when sleeping and wake up with the zip underneath you and you cant get out the bag lol

if its a doable thing id happily pass it around the guys on here . id need to dig it out and see if its still in one piece mind you ,not been used in donkeys years

I have an ex army feather filled one, dont think its the 58 with the sealed bottom, but still they are awesome bags......dont get them wet though!!!! as I have been advised that if they do they smell like horse pee!!!!!!

Why not offer the bag for a swap in the swaps and freebie section.........see if you can get something for it, maybe worth a try????

to be honest i was going to sell some of my items as they have not been used in many years . got a compass ,a goretex jacket that is too small now ,a huge berghaus bergan and so on . if they were any use to some one id rather see them going to some one to use as they are a waste sitting in my loft . would keep the tyin as it cost me well over £250 many many years ago . i did thin down a lot of my gear before i moved to my flat but still got some stuff at my folks

Got two Mountainline sleeping bags Microlite 2000, down to -15oC, only trouble, can't get them back into their carry bags. Hell!!!!!! they keep fluffing up too much.. Geoff. :hp-beer:.

I've got a selection of " Branded" dossbags but the one i always take with me is the American sleeping system, 2 dossbags (black & Green) & a bivvy got it for 70 quid & well worth the money

Back