• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Sleeping Bags

Now you've got me thinking again (never a good thing:rolleyes:)

Would this Czech army bag still roll up and fit in a decent rucksack with a 13.5tog duvet inside? And would that all be warm enough to spend a cold February night in under nothing more than a basha?

will roll up mate but not inside your bergen, just fill your sack with your bits and bogs the clip your bed roll to the out side this is what i do.

Cheers Steve, I really don't think I can stretch to an arctic one now so I'll probably go with this one and adapt it to my needs.

I use a the american army module sleeping bag - its a bivi bag, black 3 season bag and a green 1 season bag combo which combines to make a bag they say is good down to -50!! I've never used it down to that yet but have been in it in sub zero and it does work - the price isnt cheap rrp is around £80 - £100 - but you do get a lot od sleeping bag for your money. I personally wont use anything else these day if I can help it

I use a the american army module sleeping bag - its a bivi bag, black 3 season bag and a green 1 season bag combo which combines to make a bag they say is good down to -50!! I've never used it down to that yet but have been in it in sub zero and it does work - the price isnt cheap rrp is around £80 - £100 - but you do get a lot od sleeping bag for your money. I personally wont use anything else these day if I can help it

do you have any pics??

On my blog I do - if I can work out how to post on here I will later ..............

On my blog I do - if I can work out how to post on here I will later ..............

leif, is that your company, nordmarkencanoeuk, looks pretty good, would be interested in a few prices mate,hunting,canoeing and wilderness camping, why does everywhere else look better than dull britain,

i saw one price, but couldn't work out what is was , it said........950: 100euro

cheers mate...................mick

I have two of these in sweden but I dont use them outside ............. anyone slept out in one?? How do you find em??

I have two of these in sweden but I dont use them outside ............. anyone slept out in one?? How do you find em??

very good and i can say and matt can also they deal with -10 very well ,, plus i sleep in just my pants and was still cooking inside the sleeping bag

-10?? Really?? I slept in them indoors and while I wasnt cold woudlnt have imagined pushing them down to -10 ..........I might have to re-evaluate these

-10?? Really?? I slept in them indoors and while I wasnt cold woudlnt have imagined pushing them down to -10 ..........I might have to re-evaluate these
you can do lot with the bags , you can put roll mat and extra duvets inside the bag as it all buttons in so layer it up for how warm you want..

Ya I use them as last night bags in sweden so I can get all the bedding etc washed before I leave there to travel back to UK. Suppose a roll mat for outside use goes without saying, although I was chating to a old mate the weekend who reminded me how in the old days of the 58 pattern bag we used to sleep on the ground with no mat and no tarp but I digress ..........

the bonus for me is that im short and can slide in side the bag with about 1-2ft still above my head with this bag,,,so all in all i will feel no cold lol

I have two of these in Sweden but I dont use them outside ............. anyone slept out in one?? How do you find em??

i did the last winter event with one of these bags ...the only upgrade i did was unbutton the blanket and put a 14tog single quilt in side and then buttoned it up again ..slipped my roll mat in side it and away we went ....the temp on the second night of the event went as low as -10 ...was that cold in the tent it was snowing on us where the condensation was freezing but i was roasting in the bag with just me thermal long johns and top on .....matt

Back