• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Slingshots

spader

Slightly Talkative
I found this slingshot in the draw, forgotten about it for years.
I cut some tree twigs into ammo shape, and made a few shot into trees in our back garden.
It worked very well - flying about 30 meters onto the hedges and trees.

I am having good fun practicing the slingshot with tree twigs ammo.

But I am aware that there are also laws on using slingshots in UK.
What are they? What are there to be aware of with use of slingshots?

The main thing to beware of is using stones for ammunition. Use steel or lead shot to be within the law. Secondly you need the landowners permission. The other main point is that you should not inflict unnecessary suffering so you would need to be really good with one before you could actually hunt with it.
Personally I'm not a big fan of them but I guess that there are people that wouldn't agree with me hunting with a rifle or shotgun either.

As a child, I wouldn't go out without my catapult............................homemade of course.........

We always used to carry them as kids. my brother still has the one he made from hazel, it has a perfect V, we have not found a better natural fork to this day. it is aprox 35 years old . He has now taken it back to Canada were he now lives .

First one I had was white plastic and rubber iner tube lol loved it....then a black widow :D Also went everywhere with it :thumbsup:

Reactions: lol
Back