• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Small Cool Bag

Bam

Extremely Addicted
Recently there was a discussion about small cool bags that folk used, I've had a nose around and I can't find it. It got me thinking though and something that's big/small enough to fit an overnight (or two at a push) worth of sausages/bacon might be a good idea. So, anyone got any suggestions ???

Cheers in advance.

I've got one of these... It's 10L and folds flat. I got it in B&M and they have them reduced to £1.50 at the moment. Thing I liked is how compact it is when it's empty, easy to carry home.

Attachments

• coolbag.jpg
    coolbag.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 60
The boy had something similar for some years, they are OK for a few hours to lunchtime, but by afty break the contents are warm and a freezer block defrosts quite quickly. If you're just using it overnight, I would recommend freezing what you want to take if using one of those bags.

The boy had something similar for some years, they are OK for a few hours to lunchtime, but by afty break the contents are warm and a freezer block defrosts quite quickly. If you're just using it overnight, I would recommend freezing what you want to take if using one of those bags.
That's generally what I do, take frozen, was hoping if I could get something to keep it cool that bit longer I might squeeze a second night out of it. I'm trying to find something fairly small that could be reused if on a multi day trip when passing shops etc. but won't take up much space in the rucksack when not in use.

In that case then, you need one of the above. It's about 11"x7"x1.5" when folded. those freezer blocks are only 1/2 inch thick so again, less room. Have to admit I haven't used it camping yet, but I did take it fishing and it kept everything nice and cold all day with 2 freezer blocks. I reckon it would work well out for a couple of days, especially if you can recharge the freezer blocks or add in some ice or summat.
ETA; I can feel a test coming on. Bear with me and I'll see how long the blocks last and how long the bag keeps stuff cold.

Last edited:
I find that if I take anything frozen, that alone with give me at least 2 days, sometimes 3 weather dependant?

Reactions: Bam
Back