• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Small lantern recommendations?

The timings will vary with the candle/tealight: you can get them with different burn times.? I use ones that burn 8 hrs plus.

Feuerhand produces petroleum lanterns longer than 100 Years.

Only counted the year 1928, Feuerhand produced 8 million petroleum lanterns, what had been 61% of the world market. 90% had been exported world wide, a lot of them to the USA and even to China.

In the year 1937 Feuerhand produced 12 million petroleum lanterns.
Understand well:
12 million they made in this one year!
Round about that EVERY YEAR!

They had been the biggest producer worldwide of petroleum lanterns.

Feuerhand lanterns are the Mercedes Benz of the Petroleum lanterns.

(Petroleum should be used in them, nothing else.)

Today the firm is owned by Petromax, another German producer of field lanterns, who delivered to the german army too.

They are off course untill today:

Made in Germany.

Of course the firm became much smaller.

Last edited:

Don't forget Erbswurst's enlightening washing bag!

I don't find it at an English page.

Sorry.

Every other thin white or yellow nylon bag should work as well.

Feuerhand lanterns are over priced for what you get and the Petromax kerosene pressure lanterns are now made in China and build quality has dropped :(

You think Feuerhand lanterns are over priced?
They created, they invented the petroleum lantern how it is.

May be that others copied them well, may be they only look similar.

I don't know it.

I would buy the original and nothing else.
I don't think, that they are expensive.

They do not come from China, they come from Schleswig Holstein, where you Brits come from too. I think that fits somehow.

Last edited:
"They do not come from China, they come from Schleswig Holstein, where you Brits come from too. I think that fits somehow."

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣…………(true enough, but I came from Nigeria....😕:oopsy::fedup: :()

They are expensive for what they are, a tin plate 'hurricane' lantern. Dietz are just as good. Clones of the pressure lantern are made in China, India and Indonesia.

British Tilley pressure lamps are well made but the ultimate for quality is the British Vapalux lantern.

Back