• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register
SMK SYNXS Review

Review SMK SYNXS Review

Gambo

Slightly Talkative
Gambo submitted a new resource:

SMK SYNXS Review - Review Of The SMK SYNXS

There are many budget entry level spring guns on the market, but most are cheap and nasty! There is one though, that gives unbelievable performance for the money. The gun I am referring to is the SMK SYNXS. It is a synthetic stocked break-barrel springer, that is made in China.

Now in the past, Chinese guns have enjoyed a less then enviable reputation, for both quality and consistency of manufacture, and performance. With the spread and advancement of CNC production techniques however, the...

Read more about this resource...

yup,a lad i know has one and loves it,BUT,theres always a but aint there.he wanted a silencer on it so he took it to an engineers to shorten the barrel and thread it and the engineer phoned him and said before i go any further youd better come and see what ive found.when he went he saw that the bore was not central to the barrel,quite a bit off centre in fact.anyway the engineer said he could still do the job and the bore out the silencer to 8mm so the pellets wouldnt clip.this done its still as accurate and he's well chuffed with it.its not the only one either as his mate has found that his is the same,wierd,DAZ.

Hi I've just come back from my hols with one of these air guns from Great Yarmouth, I paid about £90 with a Mil-dot 4*32 scope, I may have paid over the odds but not to bothered as long as I've got a half good basic air gun that I can use down my allotment to shoot vermin. I would also be interested if there is a silencer that will fit this gun.
Also I have a old (25y old plus) BSA Meteor that does not work and was told that I would be better to buy the SMK SYNXS. I would be interested to find out roughly how much it would cost to service my old BSA as my dad got it for me when I was a kid and how the two guns would compare if it was serviced .
Martin
Buy the way both guns are.22

I saw one of these on gunstar the other day for£50,4-15 scope rings and smk bag.
I was so tempted but am put off by the fact the pull weight is non adjustable unlike a single stage meteor!!
As Gazo said though,a very good base rifle for any kid or newbie,and hunting ranges could be pushed on if you invest in falcon accuracy plus pellets,probably 30yrds.
And a good clean up of the trigger would make it a very addictive rifle indeed,I couldnt put my non adjustable cometa 300 down once I'd tuned it,it shot as well as my BSA Ultra which goes to show what a tune up can do.
I think I'm slowly talking myself into getting on of these!

Back