• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Sneaky Snake..

saxonaxe

Very Addicted
A mate posted these photos to me asking did I know the Brand Stamp..Looks like a coiled snake with initials..
4 inch blade Boot Knife, stainless with brass fittings and wooden handle, sold by Whitby certainly, but could be just a product bought in and stamped up, so not necessarily a UK product. I know firms on the Indian sub continent are keen on using brass for bolsters. pommels etc:?

brand.JPG

brand 2.jpg

brand 3.jpg

If it wasn't for the hardwood handle I'd say it looked like a divers knife...have you asked Whitby's?

Definitely a Boot knife, and a cheapy as I suspected. Mixing brass, wood and an unknown stainless and stamping it with a Snake indicates Khyber Pass credentials to me... :lol:
the one.jpg

Your's for the Princely sum of £12.90, just needs a bit of tarnish...I shall now wind my mate up and advise him to give Sotheby's a ring Monday morning, as he may have a relic of Empire days....:lol:

Another Boot knife, updated version.
boot 1.jpg

Back