• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Snugpack Jungle Bag

Erbswurst

Very Addicted
I think about buying a Snugpack Jungle Bag in coyote brown for my next tour to the south of France in summer times. There I expect night temperatures between 15*C and 35 *C.
Usually I will use a tent there but from time to time I want to sleep there without tent too.

Did anybody of you use this sleeping bag in hot conditions?

I would like to know the highest temperature in which I can use this bag with a totally closed zip and a closed moskito net to protect me against biting insects during the night while using this bag without tent for wild camping.
Let's say I will wear only breefs in it.

Does anybody know it?

Good question , I think zipped up and the net deployed you would soon get warm in those temperatures, I have used in uk at around 12 degrees with clothes on and was warm !

We don’t get many opportunities to sleep in our briefs in England ;);)

That's the reason, why I want to go to France!

The name isn't "Rain Forest Bag", what would mean "constructed for England".

It's called "Jungle Bag" so it should be made for tropical weather, I guess.

Late to the thread sorry, I tried mine at minus 2 ish with a mat, Snugpak blanket and thermals, toastie warm, I think you'll be too warm but each to their own

I just asked to provoke the international jungle bag revival. It's summer time!
;0)

Well, we will see. If it's to hot, it doesn't matter to have bought them. Than I can use them in Germany in the summer, and will have in France a reason to buy sleeping bag No 13 and 14.

In the end I will open an international noted sleeping bag museum.
Or I have to force my nephew to found a boy scout patrol to get rid of them all.

;0)

Last edited:
Back