• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Snugpack Tactical 4 Sleeping Bag.

You hit the button then mate:eek:.....there is no stopping you is there? :rofl:

Ordered mine from OutdoorGB too.....nice company to deal with.
If you decide to order the expansion panel ( You may not feel you need it!) BUT.....if you do.....give them a ring and ask if they can stitch on the fleece lining to it.
They are made pretty much to order.......mine took about 14 days I think.

Look forward to your opinion and thoughts of the bag.....and hope you like it :thumbsup:

Ha! Ha!...…..(actually hoping to have sold a tent next w/e)…….but I thought why sit there looking at it, sometime a decision is going to have to be made :thumbsup: !!
I'm pretty sure I will need the panel, so will take your advice, thank you: can it still get it in the compression bag?

I possibly won't be using mine until april/may on a solo canoe trip overnighter: I wanted to try and get everything in one bag, as there's loads of portages; it'll get tiresome constantly off/on loading all my normal heavy bulky items (" heavIER/bulkIER" - I'll still be using a polycotton tent!) and gear, hence the sleeping bag, my lovely M90 is just too bulky/heavy?
I'm hoping to see your report (and photos?) long before then!!

@lol

Hi Lol.

Yes the bag will still fit in the compression sack with the expansion panel fitted......but it is a squeeze.....doable :thumbsup:
The panel does come in its own bag and can be squeezed into a corner of a pack....no problem and the way I will probably approach it.

A bit about it here.....not the "Tactical 4" in the video......but you get the idea mate :thumbsup:

Ah Sgt Flippetyflop? Hes done a review of sorts on the Tactical 4 too! I can see a panel coming methinks but I'll wait for the bag first as you say...

Cheers for that! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sounds good on the Snugpac advert, although being a cynical old git I don't entirely trust Snugpac. I've got 2 of their sleeping bags, A Harrier 10 and an Elite 4. Both are decent bags but their 'Comfort' and I would assume the 'Survival' temperatures are Waaay out. I know everyone sleeps at different temperatures but I'm just glad I had some extra thermal kit when using the Elite 4 in cold weather. -10 C rating Ha!.. The Harrier 10 is listed at - 7 C comfort, again for me that is a bit hopeful.
I hope the temp ratings are true on Snug pack I just "accidentally" won one one ebay!

I "accidentally" acquire tents like that!!

However, looks very nice, but there is a consensus that Snugpak do over egg the ratings a bit: but as has often been said, there are many individual variables on how warm a bag may feel?

Reactions: lol
Nice one Jon......cant argue with the price.....nice find :thumbsup:
Well I set up my hammock in the garden and jumped in my Andes 400 apparently 4 season and realised that it it really isn't 4 season and that I would spent the nights in Scotland freezing. Read your post on snugpak and had to bite the bullet. Got it for 18 squid in the end

• Wow
Reactions: lol
You hit the button then mate:eek:.....there is no stopping you is there? :rofl:

Ordered mine from OutdoorGB too.....nice company to deal with.
If you decide to order the expansion panel ( You may not feel you need it!) BUT.....if you do.....give them a ring and ask if they can stitch on the fleece lining to it.
They are made pretty much to order.......mine took about 14 days I think.

Look forward to your opinion and thoughts of the bag.....and hope you like it :thumbsup:

They reckon about 19 days for delivery? :(

I've only ordered only the bag.
I haven't yet ordered a panel....as you told me not to until I'd tried the bag, and I ALWAYS do as I'm told?

Had to ask mate......never know with you.....kit tart!! :rofl:

19 days will soon pass.......worth waiting for :thumbsup:

It gives you plenty of time to try yours with lots of piccies and report back :whistle: ???

Reactions: Bam
Might be changing my order to Softie 15 as available extra long, on Snugpaks advice...………….????????????

Snugpak feel that the Tactical 4 may not be long enough, and that it is very similar (lining excepted) to the Softie 15...……………...………?

Snugpak feel that the Tactical 4 may not be long enough, and that it is very similar (lining excepted) to the Softie 15...……………...………?

You said that you are 6' 4" tall Lol.........=193 cm......they state that the bag is 220 cm Long = 7' 2 1/2" inches.
So it should leave you over a foot in length to spare in the footbox mate?

Don't want to be pedantic.........er, but I make that 9 1/2 inches, not over a foot....or is that an American "foot"....;)
I am just going by what Snugpak tell me? And you know I always do as I'm told...…….:p
More seriously, if 220 cms, that's with hood /bag flat, and therefore makes no allowance for actually pulling the hood on and round....my guess....also people don't tend to sleep with their feet at 90 deg to their shins...they drop a little?

Snugpak say the Tactical range is for up to 6'3"....marginal, I agree,...….. but they said...……………….:rolleyes:

Back