• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Snugpak 100l bergen

... as it happens i have the 25L, 50L and 80L Dutch packs ...
seems i was way off on the volumes of those Dutch packs, that's old man's memory for you.
small = 35/40 L
medium = 60/70 L
large = 90/110 L

Reactions: Bam
An update on the Bergen (and Rocketpak)........

Following on from various posts on these bags both from me and those that made encouraged!!! me to buy one.....................................

For the price (bearing in mind you can pay similar for 2nd hand surplus Bergen type bags...?) I am pretty bloody pleased with my Bergen overall.
However having loaded it up several times (overloaded sometimes) to get to know it (for I have yet to use it "properly") and saunter around looking nuts, I think there are 2 fairly significant, but not deal breaker, shortcomings; and it's not the quality of build either. I think any bag having serious pretences, should have an adjustable back length. These bags don't. If they don't fit you....ie the hip belt is in the wrong place for you; you are stuffed.
Mine is right for me, but that's point one. Point two is...or are, the shoulder adjusters above the shoulder straps. These are anchored with the shoulder straps, but should be set higher to be efficiently effective. Also getting them adjusted with the bag on is not that easy....bypassing the ladder buckles makes things a lot better, I don't know why those buckles are fitted at all? There isn't much adjustment, but it easier to use and gives more... there is about enough?.

Yes they may be other things, but overall, the bag has a lot of thought, save these two points, put into it, and searching around, it can be got (the Bergen) for just over £100. All in all pretty damn good..............

Oh, and the yoke ought to be included, but it's not.........

😌Must admit looks great seems to tick all the boxes....but no matter how I load it and adjust the straps etc it just wont fit my auld frame,so went back to my old highlander ruck...have been going to put it on ebay for a while 😪

😌Must admit looks great seems to tick all the boxes....but no matter how I load it and adjust the straps etc it just wont fit my auld frame,so went back to my old highlander ruck...have been going to put it on ebay for a while 😪
See if anyone on here fancies it mate, save dicking about with ebay.

Thats the nub of it ....why no adjustable back on such an otherwise nice pack? Shame

😁Well after trying many civvy and military rucksacks, trying to get one that fits and comfortable was becoming a chore as sure my back is similar to the hunchback of notra dame..anyway didn't like the snugpak bergen at first,but after many walks and perseverance have finally found a ruck that I now use every trip ,with rocket pouches off for lite weighs walks...wont suit everyone but a happy camper noo🙂

Attachments

• 20210212_111129.jpg
    20210212_111129.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 70
Back