• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

So called wild campers

Has anyone else seen the appaling pictures of abandoned wild camps across the England. It makes me so cross that people can abuse the countrysidelike that and not give a damn how they leave it
It’s shocking , they’re going to get everyone banned , Lake District national park rangers along with police and water board officials contacted over 200 people the other weekend and issued 22 fines for people who refused to leave the area around Haweswater . A great spot for wild camping but probably off limits now for some time to come .
Problem is they’re not wild campers just chavs loaded down with cans of ale and disposable BBQ’s which they can’t be arsed to take home with them .....

Boils my blood 😡

yes, seen some of those pictures. when most of spend time sprinkling leaves and twigs over our sites to disguise our passing presence those folks are obviously counting on some poor shmo to come pick up after them. as the saying goes "some people's children!"

The old Oak Tree had stood for 500 + years and was a place where Druids and others with Pagan beliefs often gathered. The Fire Brigade and other Authorities believe someone lit a Camp Fire against it...Whether ignorance or deliberate act has not been ascertained, but Just a pile of ash marks the spot now. It is a sign of the times I'm afraid.

0-druid-tree-torc-540537.jpg

Attachments

• 0-druid-tree-torc-540537.jpg
    0-druid-tree-torc-540537.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 11
The authorities need a massive shake up and need to put effort in themselves.
A good start would be to begin issuing fines that HURT £1000 minimum for first offence.......to any and all offenders......... if they catch them.
Hefty fines could help to pay for more rangers and clean ups.......more rangers + the idiots means even more revenue in the protection pot.

Far to many snowflakes.......like dogs without teeth.........useless :rolleyes:

There isn't an angry emoji that is angry enough for the way I feel about what was done to the Eastnor Castle oak. Despicable on every level.
Volunteers are needed to protect and maintain our countryside, soon open access will be a thing of the past if these fools are not stopped from destroying it.

Last edited:
Back