• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

so here's the scenario

Joecole

Very Obsessed
Right it's scorching hot weather and you are completely lost and thirst is beginning to take its toll. all you have are the clothes you stand up in, a plastic bin liner and an 18 inch length of string, the water situation is getting desperate so what are you going to do? Incidentally there is no water source in your vicinity

Assuming there is vegetation then tie the bin liner over a bush or tree limb that has foliage on it, that will produce condensation i.e. water and collect in the sack.
Yep that's probably the best and simplest method but there is also another couple of methods you can use

dig a hole stretch plastic over the hole with a cup in the middle (under the plastic) place a stone in the middle and water from ground will drip in cup ...if the ground is dry piss on the ground first and do the same
That does work Matt BUT you haven't got a mug:mad:

take all sweat soaked cloths of place in bag and hang in direct sun light ....as the cloths dry the sweat will gather in the bottom of the bag ....drink it (yuk)

take all sweat soaked cloths of place in bag and hang in direct sun light ....as the cloths dry the sweat will gather in the bottom of the bag ....drink it (yuk)
Yuk yes but it will keep you alive, the fourth is directly down to nature so think about this time of year

Given you posted in the morning there is a possibility that there is still dew on the ground.

Walk through the longest grass you can find then squeeze your clothes out onto the plastic bag.

Drink all the water I have left and self rescue. On my way I would try and find water by. Listening for it,following animal trails (risky but what choice do I have ) also keeping a look out for flocking birds overhead as the will probably be going to water. Food isn’t a problem as I have enough fat to spare for a few days so that’s last on my mind. Also remembering the temperature and finding the shade until it cools down. In a sum..self rescue the shit out of it and go all in

Given you posted in the morning there is a possibility that there is still dew on the ground.

Walk through the longest grass you can find then squeeze your clothes out onto the plastic bag.

Yes that's another way Stan just tie your tee shirt round your leg and take a walk through the long grass or bracken

Back