• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

So what is your favourite drink in this hot weather?

Big Red

Quite Addicted
It has to be Devon Rock lager for me, tis proper. But I do like a cold Guinness. 👍

But a cold cider does the trick too. Dicken Cider and Cummin Dider are very popular, but Slippin Cider is very popular in these ere parts. 👍😀🍻

While I’m known to enjoy an occasional cider I stick to non alcoholic drinks when it’s this hot, alcohol just makes me feel dehydrated and sleepy in situations like this. The Royal Welsh show is on at the moment so I tend to be a bit on guard because this is the time of year when the crime rate soars due to all the extra people around so it’s another good reason to stay sober.
Yesterday did actually top 92 F here according to the thermometer in my shed but large quantities of chilled mint tea sweetened with honey got me through it without any problems.

Nothing nicer than a couple of cold beers/largers on a hot day to compliment a burger etc off of the BBQ :thumbsup:

Nothing like a nice ice cold Orange "Berocca"to kick start the day in this hot weather though :)

Just checked the max-min thermometer for yesterday and it reached 35 degrees Celsius in the shade which is 95 Fahrenheit for all you old farts. It doesn’t seem as warm here today. 🙂

Tetley tea, 2 sugars and milk. I don't know why but it seems to be more hydrating than a cold drink for me. Not an alcohol drinker myself really, I do try, but it always ends up going awry. Booze in this hot weather just sucks the moisture out of me.

Back