• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

So What Really Is Your Idea Of Bushcraft???

So now "bushcraft", opposed to just camping has been explained to me, where does that leave "prepping"?
What is meant by that?

(I'm so street...........more like blind alleyway:()
Prepping is for those who think that there's going to be a catastrophic event Lol, they keep a cache of food (enough to feed a small army and have secret hide outs in the woods etc

Prepping is a good thing strange it may be but self reliance to me is a good thing not just a catastrophic event even short term things its a good idea :)

Prepping is a good thing strange it may be but self reliance to me is a good thing not just a catastrophic event even short term things its a good idea :)
I agree Ned, subconsciously we all prep before we go out but some people take it to the nth degree and we both know a certain person who does that

Loneys a good guy learned quite a lot off him he's got sound practices one thing ya have to remember if he's proved right which in our present climate could be a possibility then he will have the last laugh and to be fair we should all prep even if only for short term with enough to get something in place if it goes long term just my thoughts on it Joe

Loneys a good guy learned quite a lot off him he's got sound practices one thing ya have to remember if he's proved right which in our present climate could be a possibility then he will have the last laugh and to be fair we should all prep even if only for short term with enough to get something in place if it goes long term just my thoughts on it Joe
You knew who I was referring to then Ned, if he's proved to be right I still have the means to look after my family without all that sort of prep, however if he and his fellow preppers want to go to the length they do then that's fine with me

We all go our different lengths joe always been that mate :) everyone is different and different mindset :)

Back