• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

So.....when

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
Hopefully the lockdown and restrictions will ease again in a few weeks time.
We will be maybe........... be allowed some of our freedom back......and able to travel locally again.

Like most.....chomping on the bit to get out and about under the stars again.....and have a nice cooked breakfast in the fresh air........as well as a nice piece of caaaaaaaake and mug of tea.

Anyone making plans for a trip........and have the kit ready to spring out of the front/back door to freedom when able to? :)

Not until Boris signs the all clear, Bill and even then, I won't be going further afield until I've been vaccinated. Things would be different if I had my own transport, however public transport is a no for the moment. I have looked at a couple of sites up Buxton/Ashbourne way and I've a hankering for the New Forest, my most favourite place in the world, bar none.

While I'm desperate t get out there, I've not plans as such and no bag packed. Realistically, as and when we're allowed it will be Devilla or the spot me and Smurf stayed at on the first night of our only real trip out last year. Won't take long to throw some gear into a bag and just 'go'.

It'll come, maybe not as soon as we'd like but at some point we'll be allowed out to play again. :)

Apart from testing that lavvu from Lol I've hardly been out this year, and that was only in the far side of our woods

Apart from my 5 dayer from Dollar to St. Andrews I've only made it to Devilla in the last year, dunno, 6 or 8 times maybe. When we were allowed out I was making the most of it, luckily the missus is happy with me sodding off at fairly short notice. :lol: Last time was not long before Xmas so probably luckier than most.

My little lady wants us to take the grandkids, well a few at a time that is, to Runswick Bay, she likes the tipi I used to have, now a cunning plan is starting to form, get a big enough tipi but also make it UL for solo trips with a stove, wonder if I could get away with it ? Apart from that, yep chomping at the bit, as soon as we're allowed I'm away 2 nights minimum.

I've started using it with hand made wooden pegs, para cord guy lines adjusted with a prussic knot and a wooden centre pole for an additional bit of rustic charm. Next time it's up I'll get a photo.. The boys think it's a tipee and like to set it up like a Scandinavian lavvu using willow poles.

I have and use the other one..........just glad someone likes them as much as I do!!!
Both me and the dug are partial to a lavvu, he prefers it to the tarp although I've not tried him in a tarp tent, I get the fear about the claws. :eek:

Back