• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

SOCKS FOR SUMMER USE ?

Airing the feet, socks and shoes is a very old tradition in Germany.
(That's the reason, why it smells every where here.)

But I have no idea about foot powder.

What is it, who produces it, and how do you use it exactly?

I use a either army issue foot powder or baby talc; the idea is it absorbs moisture with the added benefit of also working as a slight dry lubricant to reduce friction and hotspots which can lead to blisters.

I’d always being told to avoid medicated athletes foot powder unless you are a sufferer as it can reduce resilience and hence make it more likely.

And does the powder makes it necessary to wash the socks oftener than without it?

Let's say we can wear woolen socks usually for a week, without washing it.

The secret is not to overload your feet or socks and put to much in; too much can clog the pores and cause other problems and would be gunky in the socks.

Banging to loose powder (and skin) out of your socks and airing them should be fine, rinsing then through and drying them if you get the chance.

Back