• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Solar showers

And I found another good looking one:

Sea to summit usually makes good stuff, but in my opinion usually less good than Ortlieb and MSR.

A method I’ve used when on overnight fishing trips :thumbsup:
3 heavy duty bin liners inside each other. Fill it with water hanging it up and pierce :D . Make sure it’s in direct sunlight 😁 also good in the colder days. Nothing like a nice cold shower to get the body alive ;):D And before anyone asked. Why 3? . Well let’s just say 1 and 2 was a shocking failure...cold water comes out frightfully fast when a seam rips open :D

Am still into the rough stuff at the moment but I can defo see the appeal of a solar shower :thumbsup:

For fishing I know another trick:

You need a 10 cm long stick as thick as your fingers.

Clean the stick with a sharp knife by taking away everywhere round abot 1 mm.

Put down your clothing.

Bite on the stick.

Hop in the lake!

;0)

For fishing I know another trick:

You need a 10 cm long stick as thick as your fingers.

Clean the stick with a sharp knife by taking away everywhere round abot 1 mm.

Put down your clothing.

Bite on the stick.

Hop in the lake!

;0)

That also works erbs :lol: I have tried this without the stick lol

Seriously we do it like this in very cold conditions:

I walk a meter in the lake and first wasch my hair with as little water as possible. And the face after it.

Then I put the soap at first at legs, than arms, than body, and hop in and as fast as possible out, perhaps after 2 minutes.

In this way you loose as little as possible body heat.

Works well if the lake is ice free.

Intelligent people light a big fire before they do it.

When hiking, don't forget, that real heros need to wash themselves only once a week and usually do it in winter times in heated public swimming halls.
Youth hostels or camping grounds are a good option too.

;0)

Back