• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Solar showers

Medwayman

Quite Addicted
I am currently have an issue with the electricity supplier (been semi cut off!!) and with no hot water. might just put up some sort of tenty thing in the garden with a shower in there, suggestions for a half decent solar shower would be very appreciated, are they worth it and do you freeze ya nads of when using??

Last edited:
No idea about solar power by will be watching this thread, there is a shower head type thing that screws onto a bottle tests meant to be ok, of course you have to heat your water up.

Having trouble imagining the sun at all, at the moment :(

If you are talking about those bags...then we need sunshine. Only really suitable in the summer.
Sometimes on the boat, I use this, but the Hozelock version:

Obviously though, you need to be able to boil up some kettle of water to add, to make the shower warm/warmer?

That's my back up system too, fortunately never had to use it so its just for the dogs at the moment.

Reactions: lol
In my opinion you should have a look to the Ortlieb solar shower.

Everything from Ortlieb has an outstanding good quality.

This is a large Dry bag, that you can clean easily, and easily dry it out!

You don't need water purification tabs to clean it.

It is black and so it gets warm - in summer times.

You should read it up, but I am pretty shure, that you can use it as a drinking water container too.

Most cheaper ones aren't meant for drinking water, so you would end up with a thing you nearly never use.

But the Ortlieb Dry sack - drinking water container - solar shower - pillow - rain hat - multy use super quality ultra cool cats bivvy bag you will use!

And so it is worth the money.

I think I have seen an other convincing System from MSR. But I got a better Impression about this Ortlieb container for camping use.

(May be the MSR is better for paddlers.)

Last edited:
Also the food industry gets stuff delivered in such tanks, and used you can get them cheap.
If you put it on a heavy duty table which is high enough, paint it black and attach sealed with silicon a tap in the lower closure where you attach a normal shower that works very well in front of the hunting cottage or garden house.

I’ve used solar showers for months at a time and they’re better than nothing! If it doesn’t get warm enough with the lack of sunshine you can always add warm water heated from some other source.

I’ve not used one but friends assure me that the pump pressured hozelock ones work well and the battery operated ones even better.

If you can find one the barrel of a Warrior IFV makes a good hanging point but don’t let the REME see you do it!

Also the food industry gets stuff delivered in such tanks, and used you can get them cheap.
If you put it on a heavy duty table which is high enough, paint it black and attach sealed with silicon a tap in the lower closure where you attach a normal shower that works very well in front of the hunting cottage or garden house.

You may be waiting a while for that much water to warm up in the sun!

If you really need a shower

These cheapos work in warmer months

Has the world just tilted a little on it's axis?o_O
Another thread has gone from daysacks to kitchen scales and ferry prices, and this one from showers to perfumes through personal proclivities….:evileye::oopsy::rolleyes:👽

You lot are weird......I'm not.....😕

Back