• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Solo overnight and fishing trip

A80F39DF-3458-4268-8DD8-10B397A33908.jpeg

well NO! fish :rofl:

Almost time to turn in. Cracking views as the sun went down and the dark shows the fires all around the loch. :D
C31D807E-334C-45B6-980B-F466D48EF5D8.jpeg

Can’t beat it.....something rather peaceful and calming about a camp fire.

A wee poem @Joecole

THE CAMP FIRE

WERE WE SIT
WERE WE HAVE SHERD STORYS OF PAST AND HOPES FOR FUTURE AND DEBATES OF KNOWLEDGE OF LIFE...
WERE WE SHARE A BRU OR TWO
WERE CONVERSATIONS ABOUT TRIVIAL THINGS THAT SEEM TO HAVE THE MOST MEANINGFUL RESULTS AND FEELINGS.....
WERE THE GLOW IS AS THE SUN WAS AT Our FEET
WERE THOUGHTS SEEM TO BE FREE AND PEACEFUL
LONG MAY THIS CAMP FIRE BURN AND SPREAD WARMTH AND RETIREMENT OF OUR DAY
ITS MORE THAN AN ELEMENT AND AN ACHIEVEMENT.....ITS A FREIND THAT ONLY LISTENS BUT NEVER FAILS TO ENCOURAGE..
ITS WERE PROBLEMS ARE SMOULDERED AWAY NEVER TO RETURN THAT NIGHT
ITS WERE THE DARK NEVER ENTERS BUT STAYS CLOSE BY
ITS WERE THE SOLE IS CHARGED... OUR HAERTS ARE WARMED
ITS SOMETHING WE ADMIRE......THE CAMP FIRE
6D184708-1403-413C-82FB-BC0D6420222D.jpeg

Hi Mark :)

Thanks for sharing the photos and the poem.......like the poem.....very good that:thumbsup:
Soup looked lovely and probably tasted even better........even with the extra 🌶 :rofl:...........was the journey hame a quick one :whistle::rofl:

Shame the fish did not play ball.........next time mate :thumbsup:

How did you find your first lone overnighter......did you sleep :rofl::rofl::p😴

Morning bill :D

Braw sleep mate:thumbsup: not the best area as I found out :thumbsdown: al do a write up later in the day. Permit supplier and wardens get a big thumbs down :thumbsdown::thumbsdown: cheeky burgers

Now the soup :rofl: well am fighting the urge as I type :rofl::rofl::rofl:

That looks braw mate. It was a really nice night last night eh?
I'm liking your pot hanger etc and the soup looked good. Pity there was no fish to put in it? :)

@Stephen and I are heading down to Loch Bradan today for an overnight and I'm taking Daniel with us too. Boys night out :)

That looked fantastic Mark, I hop she lets you out to play again soon. Now it's back to reality, nappies and interrupted sleep :thumbsup:

That looks braw mate. It was a really nice night last night eh?
I'm liking your pot hanger etc and the soup looked good. Pity there was no fish to put in it? :)

@Stephen and I are heading down to Loch Bradan today for an overnight and I'm taking Daniel with us too. Boys night out :)

Cheers mate:thumbsup:

Have a good time on the boys night :thumbsup::thumbsup: weather is looking good Paul :D

That looked fantastic Mark, I hop she lets you out to play again soon. Now it's back to reality, nappies and interrupted sleep :thumbsup:

It was good mate. Well to a point lol. Al explain later on :D

And yes back to nappies and no sleep :rolleyes::rofl:

Back