• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Some fire!

saxonaxe

Very Addicted
I had a 'phone call from my son last night to tell me that he had finally heard from his old school mate in Australia. Son had been concerned as he'd heard nothing, and his mate lives in one of the areas affected by the Bush Fires. All well, friend has spent 48 hours camped with his family on the nearest beach, choking but safe. Nothing confirmed yet as to whether their house is still standing, unfortunately.

We have found out though, just how much land combined is fire affected in New South Wales and Queensland. 2.9 million hectares.
That translates as an area stretching from Cambridge in the North, South as far as the Isle of Wight and from Canterbury in the East to Winchester in the West. Basically South East England!!

And the Aussie summer is a long way from being over yet, no real end in sight. It's terrible.

Itā€™s unfortunate,my heart goes out to all the people there:(

Back