• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Some knives I took in trade..

johnbaz

Slightly Addicted
And was fiddled!!
A lad I knew showed me these and said he'd swap them for a nice BSA Superstar, He knew I had a mk2k Superstar which was very nice so I said i'd bring it over as he didn't drive..
Now i'd traded with this fella a few times and was even warned by a mate about him!, Anyhow, I'd been shooting and had the SS in my car along with a few others that i'd taken to try out so I dropped in at his with the SS, He suddenly said that he wanted something else too like the Webley Hurricane he saw in my boot so I said ok, He then came out with, 'One of the Spidies is a clone but I can't remember which one'!
I got them home and put pics in a knife group on facey only to be told they were all clones and that the two marked Hinderer were clones too and if genuine, One of the hinderer and a Spiderco would probably cost around £1200 :eek:
I had no idea but he did and he knew he had my trousers down, I phoned him up and told him what I thought of him, he offered anther knife in to the deal (He'd already sold the superstar!), I told him to shove it where the sun don't shine and never spoke with him again..
ccoeNuQ.jpg

I was told that even as clones I would get roughly what the rifle was worth if I sold them!

There's a couple of genuine oldies in there though like the Sheffield made grafting knife and the next two lockbacks although the white scaled one is a cheap CK product..

John..

It’s always difficult dealing with other people like this, there is potential for upset but trading clones as the real thing is just downright dishonest.
The Sheffield pruner looks nice though, does it have any makers marks?
I would also take any information of a knife forum with a pinch of salt, while there are some really knowledgeable people out there there are also a lot of instant experts.

Last edited:
Back