• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Some more about my GBHB

It will Dodat

Very Talkative
Bear in mind, I travel solo, camp off grid & as remote as I can, this GBHB’s prime function is so that I can walk out and get assistance if for some reason I become immobilised remote from assistance.

To that end I’ve removably strapped it to a golf cart, working on the premise that “if I drove to where I got stuck, I should be able to cart the GBHB for a huge proportion of the distance”.

It’s secondary task is as a hiking bag if ever I want to hike a trail or area where I’m going to be out for say 2 – 3 days, like I did when I hiked Golden Gate (Bopdude will know where & what about there)

Unlike my Day pack its function is more long-term, but because my day pack sits on my chest, it is compatible to tote and the two can work in tandem to give me a whack of resources, (even duplication)

For the most part, my GBHB lives in a footlocker on my Landy’s roof-rack, and it’s quite nice in as much that If I’m under pressure I won’t forget some item that I’ll regret once I leave the Landy

It’s geared for 72H, and here are some photo’s of some of the kit that goes with it.

Together with the GBHB is a REMEMBER LIST. (EG sugar meds / water / grub / clothing / stuff with a shelf life / ETC, because, obviously these things are added only when they are needed, and clothing would be appropriate to the conditions at the time it gets used.

This then would just about conclude my camping kit...

My Vehicle: - Which is 2002 Landrover Discovery II Td5... You all know about them things, so there ain’t much left to be said...

My base camp: - A self built canvas caravan using a roof-top tent that’s stay’s up all the time & a 5x5 army issue tent roof for a 25Sq m waterproof awning over the top. (I’d like to introduce you fellas to my base-camp chuck-box / camp kitchen sometime, quite nifty, but that’s another tale)...

My GBHB: - For in case I have to walk out from a situation

My day-pack: - For my “walkabout’s”...

As always I welcome comment, and hope you guy’s find something of value...

Attachments

• GBHB configured for toting no cover bag to show cart collapsed while toting.jpg
    GBHB configured for toting no cover bag to show cart collapsed while toting.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 177
  • GBHB configured for carting.jpg
    GBHB configured for carting.jpg
    406.5 KB · Views: 196
  • GBHB gear chair mini.jpg
    GBHB gear chair mini.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 315
  • GBHB gear cooking gas micro cooker.jpg
    GBHB gear cooking gas micro cooker.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 296
  • GBHB gear cooking organic fuel flat-pack braai & grid.jpg
    GBHB gear cooking organic fuel flat-pack braai & grid.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 301
  • GBHB gear cookware water boiling.jpg
    GBHB gear cookware water boiling.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 329
  • GBHB gear eatware and utensiles.jpg
    GBHB gear eatware and utensiles.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 195
  • GBHB gear mattress.jpg
    GBHB gear mattress.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 223
  • GBHB gear mini tent with flysheet.jpg
    GBHB gear mini tent with flysheet.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 163
  • GBHB Gear Shelter mini tent without flysheet.jpg
    GBHB Gear Shelter mini tent without flysheet.jpg
    371 KB · Views: 168
  • GBHB gear tiolet kit.jpg
    GBHB gear tiolet kit.jpg
    412.3 KB · Views: 173
  • GBHB gear utensiles and eatware.jpg
    GBHB gear utensiles and eatware.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 192
  • GBHB stored in rooftop footlocker.jpg
    GBHB stored in rooftop footlocker.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 179
A like the golf kart idea mate:thumbsup: and normal I would write down what I’m taking with me the night before but I like your idea of keeping with the bag all the time:thumbsup: nice pictures dodat and I can see when it comes to camping you certainly can DODAT:D cheers :thumbsup:

Morning Mark.... (well its 05:30 here and I've got to hand out a love letter or two.... You know.... We really need you to take time off your cell phone and kindly grace the disciplinary hearing with your magnificent presence).....

So I'm 1,5H early.... SIGH.....

Anyway, Most of what I've put into place is driven by the fact that I travel solo, and "What if".... Thanks

I'm posting, fervently hoping that someone will find some small thing useful....

I've posted a bit more about the GBHB in another thread "finally found the right bag", so this is kinda an abridged post...

I know I’m showing my naivety a little here but I don’t suppose someone could enlighten me as to what GBHB stands for? (I know it’s going to be bleedingly obvious so apologies in advance for being a bit of a tool 🤡) 😀

It’s stands for. Get Back Home Bag :thumbsup:

It’s the obvious ones that gets us mate. Your not alone :rofl:

OK thanks for the explanation, makes perfect sense when you see it in plain type, back to my tool box now 🙈

Back