• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Some of my vintage gear

Wicklowwolf

Extremely Talkative
Two folders, probably (U.S.?) military issue, I picked up many years ago. Looks like 1950's gear or even earlier. Both knives have been heavily used by previous owner(s).

001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG

More vintage gear

A 1950's Spanish-made can opener based on the U.S. military-issued P51 ( or the smaller P38) commonly known as 'John Waynes'.

005.JPG
006.JPG

Two folders, probably (U.S.?) military issue, I picked up many years ago. Looks like 1950's gear or even earlier. Both knives have been heavily used by previous owner(s).

View attachment 7966 View attachment 7967 View attachment 7968 View attachment 7969
Both British army issue, the top one is a 1904-1938 engineers knife with a Marlin spike also often referred to as a contract knife...the other is a standard issue two part army knife from just after the Second World War when they started putting a bottle opener on the can opener. A close up of the can opener would reveal the maker but it’s almost certainly GI American kit.

Last edited:
Back