• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Something new

Dose it have a taste of its own or does it taste similar to anything?
It's slightly stronger than rabbit Mark but when it's cooked with red wine onions and herbs they cut through the gamey taste. If I were going to cook hare myself I would stew it with red wine and herbs for about 3 hours on a low heat just the same as rabbit. Just brown the portions first though to seal the meat

It's slightly stronger than rabbit Mark but when it's cooked with red wine onions and herbs they cut through the gamey taste. If I were going to cook hare myself I would stew it with red wine and herbs for about 3 hours on a low heat just the same as rabbit. Just brown the portions first though to seal the meat

sorry joe lol I should have mentioned I was talking about tongue mate 😂

Had a nice bit of blood sausage while I was there too ....
B0CF3B2A-A563-493F-9F5E-FEE4123CF055.jpeg

I dunno Jon about you not liking it cos I don't know how it was cooked. When I lived in Bedale up in Yorkshire for one day each year the landlord cooked hare soup which was beautiful and free
I roasted it as per the recipe from where I bought it. It was just too strong flavour for me, the pheasant and Guinea fowl I bought were nice, I like rabbit too, but I think hare is an aquired taste that just doesn't suit me

Back