• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Sorry people been busy

As with anything I buy off the internet I always do a video of unboxing just in case of any damage, will do same with this and post on here, hopefully today

Got it nice
P1230003.JPG
and early

Hi Med :thumbsup:

Congratulations on your new rifle mate.....looks very shootable and well designed...nice :thumbsup:
Is this your first Air Rifle.....or do you own/have owned others?

Did you opt for .177 or .22?

Nothing like a new rifle arriving and getting out with it on the targets for the first time :)
I suppose your first job will be to clean the storage gunk from the barrel ;)

Have you thought about what pellet/pellets you will try through her first of all........and will you use her with open sights or fit a scope later?

Look forward to more pictures and hearing how you get on with the new rifle :thumbsup::)

Has got a scope with it, do all the reading and yes clean the barrel, bought a "hoppe's boresnake" wont be shooting until monday, read all the stuff and watch some videos on your tube carefully first, also got a spotting scope on the way some targets as well, XMAS is early!!

19.9 Joules and .177 interesting to find it's kick. and got some Gamo match to start

Christmas is early :rofl:.....know the feeling mate :D:thumbsup:
Monday will not be able to arrive quick enough for you.........hope you have a nice day for it.

I did not realise the rifle was FAC :alert:.....19.9 joules = 14.6 ftlbs.

Let us know how you get on with her:thumbsup:

I am sure this has happened before, could not wait until Monday, tries a few shots not many, did what it says with regards cleaning barrel, with bore snake about 10 cleaning pellets, noticed after 5 shots smoke from barrel ???? normal????

That is called dieseling Med.

Sounds like there may still be some crud in the lands and grooves of the barrel?
It will clear itself eventually :thumbsup:

It should also get a little quieter as the crud begins to disappear. I have always favoured a rod with a solvent on a brush followed by a jag on a rod to push some cleaning patches through the barrel for initial cleaning of the grooves. I see bore snakes as being great for out in the field if you need to give the bore a quick wipe but they're not up to cleaning out stubborn stuff.
Edit
I'm having trouble finding any proper data on the stoeger Fx20 combo's muzzle energy. It gives all the data in M/s without giving the grain weight of the pellet. There is plenty of info about the model 3S's built in suppressor which looks very cool. Can you tell me if your version is spring plus nitro piston or just spring powered?

Last edited:
It should also get a little quieter as the crud begins to disappear. I have always favoured a rod with a solvent on a brush followed by a jag on a rod to push some cleaning patches through the barrel for initial cleaning of the grooves. I see bore snakes as being great for out in the field if you need to give the bore a quick wipe but they're not up to cleaning out stubborn stuff.
Edit
I'm having trouble finding any proper data on the stoeger Fx20 combo's muzzle energy. It gives all the data in M/s without giving the grain weight of the pellet. There is plenty of info about the model 3S's built in suppressor which looks very cool. Can you tell me if your version is spring plus nitro piston or just spring powered?

Spring only, will upload some data sheets when i find them!

Back