• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Sort of a recipe, will give them a go !

Medwayman

Quite Addicted
IMG_4786.JPG

At £16 per kilo i won't be buying it but I will be interested to find out how you go on.

After trying both ways of eating them 1. straight from the packet and 2. with some hot water to make some porridge I was actually surprised how palatable they were, much better as a porridge so good for breakfast, has a very slight malty sweet taste so you could forage for some berries and add to them no problems, saying that as the taste is so delicate you could add pretty much anything to help with nutrition a few nettles in the porridge would work as well.

Has a good content of various vitamins and minerals, main ingredients Baked wheat, palm fat, soy protein, barley malt hence the taste. does make you feel like you have eaten as well

Good for the backpack as will fit in well, 1 pack has 9 individual very well wrapped portions and you could probably extend that with some portion control to 14 ish days depending on what you can forage. A good point is the shelf life of mine expires 11/2038 just over 20 years. with a kilo (18 bars) over 3 weeks of brekkie as space saver not too bad at all.

Will finish off other things in the next few days bought a power bank for my solar charger and will be testing today

Back