• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Soulpad sale is on

Scorny

Very Talkative
I have noticed today that soulpad have reduced the price of their tents. My 4000 ease is £50 cheaper than when I bought it - bugger!
The 5000 with loose groundsheet is only £360. I am sorely tempted to get one so that the girls can come bushying with Will & me.
Shall I get it guys?

I bought a 3m ultralite in the sale. This is my 3rd belltent as having previously purchased a 4 and 5m hybrid genie. I used the 3m last weekend during the storms on Dartmoor, at 2am it sounded like a freight train was coming though the woods and I thought we might have taken off, but the tent held up and me and my daughter stayed bone dry inside.
For an 'ultralite' it uses the same center pole and A frame pole design so I thought they could have changed that for something lighter but other than that...its a great little tent for 2 people or very spacious for one.

I bought a 3m ultralite in the sale. This is my 3rd belltent as having previously purchased a 4 and 5m hybrid genie. I used the 3m last weekend during the storms on Dartmoor, at 2am it sounded like a freight train was coming though the woods and I thought we might have taken off, but the tent held up and me and my daughter stayed bone dry inside.
For an 'ultralite' it uses the same center pole and A frame pole design so I thought they could have changed that for something lighter but other than that...its a great little tent for 2 people or very spacious for one.

Hi Paul, you are two people on your own! Only kidding pal, at least you braved the storm, unlike wussy me and Alison we camped in the car! Testament to the build quality and erection of course.

Ivan...

having just spent a great weekend at our woods, the only thing that let it down for me was our night in the DD hammock, both me and the wife have them, but although I've had good sleeps in the past, this one was very uncomfortable, so much so that on reading this post, I then popped onto e bay for a search, found this and bought it, the kids have been moaning that they wanted hammocks as their tent is getting old, so they can have the hammocks, and we get to do some glamping

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151158729373

Hi Paul, you are two people on your own! Only kidding pal, at least you braved the storm, unlike wussy me and Alison we camped in the car! Testament to the build quality and erection of course.

Ivan...

That's why I bought a two man tent just for me!

having just spent a great weekend at our woods, the only thing that let it down for me was our night in the DD hammock, both me and the wife have them, but although I've had good sleeps in the past, this one was very uncomfortable, so much so that on reading this post, I then popped onto e bay for a search, found this and bought it, the kids have been moaning that they wanted hammocks as their tent is getting old, so they can have the hammocks, and we get to do some glamping

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151158729373

What was uncomfortable about the DD hammock?

What was uncomfortable about the DD hammock?

I should have said, not for me in the colder months, I was wearing two layers of everything, pitch black barring a little torch, slightly worst for wear from a few bottles of cider, and the wee hours of the morning, trying to get the sleeping bag straight with me inside etc etc, made for an uncomfortable nights sleep, so the bell tent will be our autumn/winter residence when camping, may keep the hammock for our summer events

I almost ended up in yours too pal. Tentipi is most definitely OFF my shopping list now.

Back