• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Sound moderated CZ452 American with a Hawke 4-9x50 scope, 22 LR at 100yrds.

Ystranc

Administrator
Staff member
I just put the day scope back on so that I can harvest a few of the pheasants that have been fattening themselves up on my maize and in the apple orchard.
Zeroing was a doddle. Bore sighted on the target at 25 yards and then out to 50 yards (my normal zeroing range because my 4-9x50 Hawke scope has a reticle matched to 40 grain sub sonics and the 50 yards mark is at the centre of the crosshairs)
I was one inch to the right and half an inch low which was easily corrected on the turrets before moving out to shoot a sub two inch group of 10 at 100 yards with bog standard hollow points scoring 89/100. I’m sticking with the lower magnification scope because there is very little parallax error and it’s a little brighter, even though it’s only got an inch diameter tube.
063AD431-A743-4036-A3AC-BBFAACA33D99.jpeg
OMG I love my little CZ, it just does everything I ask of it.

Last edited:
Nice guns them.
Pre covid I was seriously looking into getting my fac. Glad I didn't co terminus going by how long the sgc renewal was.
Really fancy a .22 Hornet.

I just put the day scope back on so that I can harvest a few of the pheasants that have been fattening themselves up on my maize and in the apple orchard.
Zeroing was a doddle. Bore sighted on the target at 25 yards and then out to 50 yards (my normal zeroing range because my 4-9x50 Hawke scope has a reticle matched to 40 grain sub sonics and the 50 yards mark is at the centre of the crosshairs)
I was one inch to the right and half an inch low which was easily corrected on the turrets before moving out to shoot a sub two inch group of 10 at 100 yards with bog standard hollow points scoring 89/100. I’m sticking with the lower magnification scope because there is very little parallax error and it’s a little brighter, even though it’s only got an inch diameter tube.View attachment 116054OMG I love my little CZ, it just does everything I ask of it.
That’s why they’ve been making them for about 70 years!

When I was looking at getting a FAC it was the first name on the list!

Nice guns them.
Pre covid I was seriously looking into getting my fac. Glad I didn't co terminus going by how long the sgc renewal was.
Really fancy a .22 Hornet.
I think if I was to go for a centrefire it would have to be a minimum of either a .223 or 22-250 for foxing and muntjac. I can prove the presence of both on my land so am entitled to apply for the variation.

Back