• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Spoon

Ark79

Site Manager
Staff member
Another attempt at a spoon , soon have it perfected lol …
17C5A652-8744-456F-8DD5-8B27A240A626.jpeg
5FA6B96C-B3D6-4915-BF65-011F42E405DF.jpeg

F4FE841D-5245-47FA-A128-696660EB5CD6.jpeg

Ive got some templates somewhere , will have a look for you , wait out :thumbsup:

Found them .... can photocopy tomorrow and happy to post them to you .... PM me your address and I'll send them tomorrow

What's the best type of wood to use mark......tried my hand at carving at devilla...ended up with a teaspoon after several attempts 🤔👍

birch would be my choice buddy 👍🏻 There’s probably better woods out there but I’m not great with the names lol… don’t let the wood dry out too much mate as it can be a barsured to work with…. If your anything like me then make sure your first aid kit is ready to go lol

Reactions: Oot
What's the best type of wood to use mark......tried my hand at carving at devilla...ended up with a teaspoon after several attempts 🤔👍
I nearly always go with hazle for my walking sticks and spoons, rough carve when the wood is green and finish off when its seasoned. I did carve a deep bowled spoon in beech and a kuksa in ash but they are very hard to work and not something I would recommend. I'll take some pics and post them tomorrow

Do I recognise that SAK?
You most certainly do, it had red scales on it when I had it from you. Unfortunately I lost it during the last house move. Completely gutted! I have a replacement but it doesn't have the split in the Philips screwdriver ☹️

Back