• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Spring and Summer.

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
Not long now guys.....the warmer weather will be with us.
Anyone got plans............or plans in the making for trips and getting out......places you want to visit for the first time?
Have you set any goals for yourself....something new you want to try.....any other kit you want to get....... or improve on.

Finding permission to Wild Campo is top of my list this year.....fingers crossed.

Looking forward to the forum Summer meet too.

Just planning on getting out as often as I can. Only got one pencilled in for a couple weeks time with Smurf and hoping to firm up catching up with a friend later in the year although that's a more 'civilised' affair on a site. Might even try and lure the missus out although that will be on a site if it happens, she's an unreasonable sort who doesn't like the idea of keeching behind a bush.

More wild camping in the Lakes .......
More bivvy camping on the North York Coast / Cleveland Coast
Canoe camp ......
Bike camp in Kielder Forest .......
Bivvy camp on Roseberry Topping ........

Oh and trying to be lightweight ..........

Just planning on getting out as often as I can. Only got one pencilled in for a couple weeks time with Smurf and hoping to firm up catching up with a friend later in the year although that's a more 'civilised' affair on a site. Might even try and lure the missus out although that will be on a site if it happens, she's an unreasonable sort who doesn't like the idea of keeching behind a bush.

Hope you manage to do all of that Bam.........👍

Canoe camp ......

Hi Rob.

Sounds good mate.....do you already have a canoe or are you looking at buying one?

Hope you manage to do all of that Bam.........👍

Cheers, me and Smurph usually get away reasonably often, I have to juggle it with watching my crap football team and the summer catch up with a mate is very doable. I must admit that I prefer to go with a winger than on my own although I sometimes head off with one of my dogs when I can't resist the voices....

The tricky one will be trying to drag the missus out but to be honest, its no biggy. :lol:

Canoe camp ......

All of that and foraging, both coastal and mainland, have been in contact with a local ish guy that runs mainland foraging courses, the coastal, well books, common knowledge and a strong stomach ;)

And will be grabbing an inflatable canoe I think ?

@Madriverrob

The Perceptions are a nice boats mate 👍.....never owned an inflatable kayak though.

I might have a look at getting another Sit on Top Kayak for myself.
Having had a major back operation a few years ago I am a bit hesitant as I am now limited to what I can sensibly and realistically do without ending up in trouble :D

But.....the calling is still strong :rolleyes:

There are a few coves along the coastline only accessible by boat or kayak that would make for a great couple of days camping and fishing.
Had a few Kayaks over years gone by and really miss being on the water.

My Choice for this would be an "Ocean Kayak Scrambler XT" that I have owned and used a lot in the past.
Used to Spearfish and Fly fish from one a few years ago.

Still, have a bit of the old kit in the loft...VHF radio......bib and brace/paddle pants........cags etc.

My mate Micky that has just joined the forum has a Prowler 13 and fishes/tours from it........he has kindly said I can have a go before I commit to buying another one..... 👍:)

@Madriverrob

The Perceptions are a nice boats mate 👍.....never owned an inflatable kayak though.

I might have a look at getting another Sit on Top Kayak for myself.
Having had a major back operation a few years ago I am a bit hesitant as I am now limited to what I can sensibly and realistically do without ending up in trouble :D

But.....the calling is still strong :rolleyes:

There are a few coves along the coastline only accessible by boat or kayak that would make for a great couple of days camping and fishing.
Had a few Kayaks over years gone by and really miss being on the water.

My Choice for this would be an "Ocean Kayak Scrambler XT" that I have owned and used a lot in the past.
Used to Spearfish and Fly fish from one a few years ago.

Still, have a bit of the old kit in the loft...VHF radio......bib and brace/paddle pants........cags etc.

My mate Micky that has just joined the forum has a Prowler 13 and fishes/tours from it........he has kindly said I can have a go before I commit to buying another one..... 👍:)

Sounds good mate , I've done a bit of canoe camping in a Canadian previously ( Spey descent , some Scottish lochs and a few Lakeland lakes , I originally bought the sit on top for some coastal exploration and fishing but to be honest after some research I've realised its a bit more risky than I anticipated !

I've used the inflatable on tidal rivers and sheltered coastal waters , it works well , would make a great option for use in the Lakes to get to some remote wild camping locations ............

After we had here yesterday 20*C I think about leaving the house in a couple of days in order to look if the bakers shop is still there.

Slowly the offers from the pizza service become boaring ...

Back