• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Spring and Summer

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
Not long now before we are hopefully bathed in bright sunshine and blue skies......its on the way!! :)
Anyone making plans or have plans in the making for getting out and about a bit more.
Any shiny kit you need..... or want to buy......any kit you want to modify or improve on......including personal wear.

On a personal note I am still trying to find a permission.......a woodland....or copse to hide away in :rolleyes:
Most of the land and woods are owned by large estates.... or is common land around these parts.......close to home.

Plans :

More Bivvy camps - 26th February - world record bivvy attempt
More lightweight overnighters especially in the Cheviots
Continuing with my trig point challenge
Possible week away in Lakes or Peak district in May
Possible Cleveland Way ( maybe not continuous but in legs ) by end of this year
Weekend away in Robens Fairbanks ( Kendal Calling July )

Kit wise :

x2 Robens Observer chairs
Rab Vapour rise Jacket and trousers
Goretex paclite shell
Altra Lone Peak 6 trail running shoes

Excellent list Rob.....both out and about...... and kit list :thumbsup:
How many legs do you think it will take to complete the Cleveland Way?........nice approach....no pressure.....will @Bopdude be accompanying you?
Hope you enjoy the Fairbanks when in Kendal :)

Excellent list Rob.....both out and about...... and kit list :thumbsup:
How many legs do you think it will take to complete the Cleveland Way?........nice approach....no pressure.....will @Bopdude be accompanying you?
Hope you enjoy the Fairbanks when in Kendal :)

Hmmm not really though about it , probably 10 max . I've completed some parts when walking and running already .

Was think of Filey to Whitby which is about 40 miles , done over a long weekend . As ever @Bopdude will be more than welcome to accompany me :thumbsup:

Here is a standard itinerary for a seven day continuous trip ( in miles )

Day 1Travel to Helmsley for your first nights accommodation
Day 2Helmsley to Osmotherley21
Day 3Osmotherley to Great Broughton11
Day 4Great Broughton to Guisborough20
Day 5Guisborough to Runswick Bay16
Day 6Runswick Bay to Robin Hood's Bay14
Day 7Robin Hood's Bay to Scarborough14
Day 8Scarborough to Filey11

Thats going to be some trip.....plenty of photo opportunities along the way......and I hope..... a write up :thumbsup:
I take it you have included a couple of hostileries for a moral boost and susstinance along the way :whistle:

Thats going to be some trip.....plenty of photo opportunities along the way......and I hope..... a write up :thumbsup:
I take it you have included a couple of hostileries for a moral boost and susstinance along the way :whistle:

I've kind of done the middle section so might start at the end to the middle and then do from the other end to the middle ...... I will try and plan my overnights close to a suitable watering hole .....

Definitely making plans for getting out more😁 more fishing more walks and more overnights… want to get fit and lose this big belly 😂 no dates as yet so it will be mostly off the cuff trips 👍🏻

Hmmm not really though about it , probably 10 max . I've completed some parts when walking and running already .

Was think of Filey to Whitby which is about 40 miles , done over a long weekend . As ever @Bopdude will be more than welcome to accompany me :thumbsup:

Here is a standard itinerary for a seven day continuous trip ( in miles )

Day 1Travel to Helmsley for your first nights accommodation
Day 2Helmsley to Osmotherley21
Day 3Osmotherley to Great Broughton11
Day 4Great Broughton to Guisborough20
Day 5Guisborough to Runswick Bay16
Day 6Runswick Bay to Robin Hood's Bay14
Day 7Robin Hood's Bay to Scarborough14
Day 8Scarborough to Filey11
That's a tight timetable Rob, wish you the best of luck.
I couldn't do that by car. :eek::(

Back