• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Wales Spring/Summer meet in mid Wales chat thread

Ystranc

Administrator
Staff member
This may be the last opportunity to have a meet here as the house and land will be going up for sale in the near future.
The dates are to be finalised between Matt and myself but this would be the same deal as last time with all proceeds going to support the forum (except unlike last time we may be able to fit in a little squirrel shooting for responsible owners of air rifles)
There is wild carp fishing locally as well as trout fishing from the end of March onward (fly only)
While there is a fire site (the one we used last time) I would request that no other ground fires are used in order to protect the pasture. There is a flushing toilet and shower available at the house.
Anyone interested please let me know by putting yourself on a list below and I will include you in a PM with directions. £8 per person/per night also please carefully read and like the terms and conditions to show that you accept them.

Last edited:
@Ystranc

Hey Mike.

What is the maximum you would be happy to host at the meet?
When you make a list......perhaps number the spaces on it?.......when the spaces are gone......they are gone! :thumbsup:

I’ve had a little chat with the neighbour who owns the adjoining wood along the river. In principle he is fine about you guys shooting squirrels, bunnies etc on his land as well (I already have it as one of my permissions) I will be able to discuss dates with Matt after a family zoom call on Tuesday.
Apart from the freedom to shoot it would be on the same terms as last time, all proceeds to the forum.

Very generous of you Mike and much appreciated.......thank you for inviting us to camp on your land again :thumbsup: and for the opportunity to raise funds for the forum...... also for sharing your shooting permission :thumbsup:
Goes without saying.....anyone wanting to shoot will have to have proof of valid and up to date insurance :thumbsup:

It will be nice to see you and Louise again......and the dog's :D

Anyone who doesn’t have shooting insurance can easily avail themselves of a 35%discount offer for donating members with gunplan which gets them 10 million in liability insurance for under £18. This can be seen in the VIP area. (just follow the link in red text)

Matt and I are thinking that the nights of the 1st to the 6th of May across the May bank holiday would work. £8 per person per night, no ground fires except the communal fire pit. Insured shooting of squirrels, bunnies and Divebuddy’s tin targets if he can make it. Flushing toilet and shower available at the house. Anyone wishing to come along let us know and we can add you to the list of members who get the PM of directions. Don’t forget to like the disclaimer, terms and conditions of forum meetings to show that you have read them and agree to their terms.

I’ve looked into the wild carp fishing at Pant Y Llyn, it is administered through the Wye & Usk foundation and pre booked day passes (no overnighters) are available through the online “fishing passport scheme.” It’s a wild spot about a kilometre from the nearest road but I’m happy to show any carp enthusiasts the easiest way there.
Here is a little tease, Pant y Llyn | Hidden Lakes | The Fishing Passport

Last edited:
Back