• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Squirrel cooker/pot crane

Woodlander

Very Addicted
Had some of them rebar road pegs laying about so made them up into a pot crane squirrel cooker type thing.
IMG_20200615_151127.jpg

I know by rights it should have a fork on the opposite end, but with my little one running around I could see an accident waiting to happen. I can always use my Grandpa's fire fork on the other end if I do decide to cook a squirrel

A what cooker ????????????

squirrel.jpg

Squirrel's Lives Matter

anim_61.gif
happy0007.gif
That they do! šŸ˜šŸ˜‚
But onmy daily ride out yesterday, I saw one get his poor head squished by a lorry! So being one to take advantage, he's now in my freezer. Watch this space I'll sort the pelt and if meat ain't tainted I'll be eating him

Attachments

• anim_61.gif
    anim_61.gif
    598 bytes · Views: 60
  • happy0007.gif
    happy0007.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 26
  • anim_61.gif
    anim_61.gif
    598 bytes · Views: 25
  • squirrel.jpg
    squirrel.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: Bam
I've shot and skinned them, then chickened out. It looked too much like a big Rat without it's coat. They would be only survival food for me I think..
confused0033.gif

Attachments

• confused0033.gif
    confused0033.gif
    169 bytes · Views: 23
They taste similar to rabbit, most of the meat is on the legs, I personally would need 3 to make a meal for myself, so I would agree on the survival food front

Reactions: Bam
good idea with the pot arm :thumbsup: ive had a very big fire crane for a few years now and always use it at the meets and events for the large kettle ...

recon i need to get the design into " fathers work shop " to see if we can get a "pot arm" made up :)

Back